2011-12-08 02:33:44

I can do the purring sound quitewel, now that I've read about it, not counting my few previous attempts which had worse results. :-) And I can whistle okayusing just my mouth. I can never, for the life of me, succeed in that technique where you are supposed to put the ends of your index fingers between your lips in some strange way. :-)
And since I haven't met too many dogs nor cats, and those I have also seemed hostile or afraid of my own fear or uncertainty towards them, it's the endless magical circle. :-D
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-12-08 10:31:56

Hi,

I could purr before, but I can't whistle on fingers either.
I've tried, but failed, which makes me feel kinda stupid. tongue

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2011-12-08 10:37:33

I don't think it's that as much Lukas, as I said while I've met a couple of nice cats, they don't tend to be as many. I think you have to be fairly careful to bring up a cat with people so that it doesn't end up being wild, while with a dog they'll naturally become part of a pack and treat people as friends most of the time.

There are exceptions of course.

I will say i've had more to do with dogs, we had dogs when I was growing up, and when I was 13 I got a five week old pup called Jess who was deffinately mine, but died two years ago last october at the age of 14. This is why i've not had a guide dog until now.

Jess was a very one person dog, and didn'g particularly like other people, though reever is a typical labrador and loves everyone, though is stil fairly attached to just me, (she's currently sitting on my foot).

As I said, I've met a couple of nice cats, but not as many, maybe you'll have to find one of those Lukas.

Your also doing better than me with whistling, I can't do it at all.

Ghorthalen, I never said you wouldn't be able to code once I'd finished. I'll replace your brain with an electronic one, I'm sure you'll be able to teach it coding.

Ooooh dear, the electrobrain seems to be a microsoft product, this could be interesting.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-12-08 10:48:41

No, no, nooooo! sad sad sad
I'll comit suicide before anything like that happens... sad
I wouldn't be able to finish this 2D shooter I'm working on... Or the side scroller... Or ScapeSkate...
I could teach it programming, but I'm sure I couldn't teach it design. It's Microsoft, after all tongue

I've had 4 cats in total. One of them died a natural death at the age of... Oh... Umm... Very old, I don't even remember sad
The second ran away, and we never found her again.
The third and 4th are the ones which live with me at the moment. 2 very, very cute cats indeed, though one of them is very shy and has lost her ability to meow. It sounds so sad when she tries though.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2011-12-08 12:13:04

I wish I had a cat. My dog is just so stupid sometimes... Cats seem to be more intilligent... big_smile
I wouldn't call my dog intilligent, he eats paper...! WTF...?
Maybe he just wants to learn how to read/wrote... smile

Alex

PS. This is my 100.th post... Wooh!!! smile big_smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2011-12-08 14:40:52

Hi,

Congrats on your 100th post! I know you've got about 1 or 2 more by now, ut anyway. tongue
What I like more about cats is that they're much more independent. While with a dog you have to go outside (Which has it's plus sides), cats generally know how to do that sorta thing on their own. And they're just much quieter than dogs.
Don't get me wrong. I like dogs. In fact, I like pretty much any kind of animal. This is just my personal preference. smile

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2011-12-08 14:54:42

Ghorthalon> Same here...
Prrr... (And this is just my 102.nd post, I just had 101 when you wrote... smile

Alex

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2011-12-08 15:45:11

I've a dog who has been known to pick up weapons and try to use them.
More when she was a puppy, though... she's gotten all lazy now. sad

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-12-08 16:08:51

Reever is an incredibly clever dog, not just in her ability to guide me round stuff, but also in her ability to learn things very quickly, routes, places etc. Jess, who was my pup could actually recognize people speaking on the phone, would listen and occasionally make talking small groul noises down when i spoke to her.

She was again a particularly clever dog, though you'd not want her guiding you.

Cats are more independent, but as I said, cats are less people orientated. I get the impression with most cats that they're only really with people for food, and will at best tolerate people's attention and storking, where as dogs are completely part of your pack, actually relate to people and also do things like guard the house.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)