2011-12-07 18:40:55

This is one of those things I didn't post until now because something seems incredibly flawed about doing so.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16520690/intro.mp3
I wrote up a storyboard for it, but the timing didn't work out the way I'd meant it to (and I doubt it'd mean much to anyone here).
It's for a game that I probably won't release (though, it may or may not be accessible through some sneaky tactics in the Jeqocon java collection). Reason being twofold:
- 1, it's a fighting game. Those are plenty accessible already.
- 2, the main appeal of it is the characters, which are from a mix of stories, most of which aren't currently available. And only half of them are mine, and the author of the other half probably wouldn't like me throwing tons of spoilers out there. (Actually, I ran some almost spoilers in the JFIM Adventure past him before uploading it, since the plot kind of centers around his stuff more than mine).

But I finally decided to post this file, because blah. (Well, that, and I left up a mixed-thing I posted a couple Halloweens ago that made references to said stories as well as the no-longer-available podcasts we used to do).

As for how much of the file comes from in-game audio and how much isn't... I was thinking cenematic transitions and stuff, so it's probably close to half (or maybe a third). There's one bit that I did using in-game audio in such a way that... well, there's a little problem with it that I hope someone can catch. smile

Even with the in-game audio, I mixed multiple recordings. The game itself allows for two-on-two fights, but there are a couple three-on-three examples in this file.
Also, I replaced the running and landing sounds with my own recordings a little while after making this. Kinda wish I'd done that before recording.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-12-07 20:07:30

Care to expand on the plot of this? I'm really loving it, even though its kind of a jumble of sounds and what not. Also, i'm really loving the Super Nes like music.

2011-12-08 02:21:32

Hithe intro sounds cool.

I'm gone for real :)