2006-09-24 23:24:24

hi
i've just after a succession of failure just got to the final fight. lethal lab is justly named and act 2 had me stuck for about 2 weeks.
but i've got through. now what i want to know is does anyone know how many times i have to hit x1 with my lazer before he goes belly- up?
thx
archer

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-09-25 05:51:52

Betwene twelve and fifteen I believe archer, but Imho it wasn't exactly a difficult battle, ----- especially once you've got through the awfulness of Lethal lab and water escape.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-09-25 20:34:19

Hi,
I think you have to hit him 10 times. I cann't be sure though.

2006-09-25 21:17:10

hi
actually i've beat him just 3 hours ago and it only seemed like i needed to hit him 7 times
or something like that.
i've now played on it with the cheats and i think it's even beater when you use them.
is there a bonus level? because i haven't found it yet.
thx

2006-09-25 21:34:14 (edited by dark empathy 2006-09-25 21:35:10)

Hmmmm, I'm sure he took more hits. I must play through that batle again at some point and count myself.

But to answer your question, Yes indeed Archer, there are two bonus levels, (or the same bonus level repeated twice).

I can't take any creddit for discovering them though, I found out their locations from Brian P's Superliam walkthrough. So, to Paraphrase Brian, on act two of both the suburban streets and Waterworks stages, when you get to the first sewer/drain, instead of pressing right arrow six times to jump it, just arrow three times and you'll be taken to the bonus level ----- which also handily skips out the rest of the act for you, as well as giving you several thousand point bonuses and extra lives.

Btw, Brian and whoever else found these must have had iether the devil's own luck, or a huge store of patience.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-09-26 08:33:34

hi dark,
thx, i'll try that out.

and as for the devils luck there are always people around who are prepared to try out combination after combination until they discover the cheats.
it's exactly the same in the sighted gaming world. how else did they ever get discovered?
thx.

2006-09-26 09:10:39

Well, usually they'd be leaked by companies to gaming mags and such to drumb up interest for the game, and sell the magazines of course.

My standard policy upon obtaining a new game always used to be to ring Nintendo Hotline Uk (when it was stil running), and get whatever cheats there were for the game. now of course, I just C&P from gamefaqs ----- or this site ---- lol.

2006-09-26 17:01:59

hi.
this isn't of any importance but i've just went back to lava2 with the cheatcodes
i used the bangbang, meepmeep, healthyplace and youhavenolife cheats and decided that i wanted revenge against the pack of dogs that ambush you at the end of that level.
i was stuck on that level for weeks, but then again i got stuck on silver spaceship2, waterworks2 and lethal lab 2 for weeks too.
but anyway i went to the end and heard their approach and begain blowing their brains out.
the overall battle took about 7 minutes and after i realised they had died i stopped shooting and running around and checked my health.
originally it was 1000 but after the battle it had been nobbled down to 309 percent.
they don't go down without a fight.
best reg

2006-09-26 17:25:28

Oooh, I'm surprised you can actually kill them, I thought they were immortal.

silver spaceship 2 was actually one of my favourite levels, partly because of the extra lives cheat, and partly because spaceships are just cool. Imho the hardest stages in the game are lava 2, water escape and lethal lab 2. Water works 2 was a litle tough but not as hard as those were.

2006-09-27 08:02:46

i love ss too, especially act 2. i like blasting away those miniguards and there's a lot of battle going on.