2011-11-15 19:21:11

hi,
this is so hilarious
dectalk actually manages melody and everything
well enjoy
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8746151/titanic … _italy.mp3

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2011-11-15 19:49:22

What boss do I have to defeat to gain this ability? !
I'm assuming this is something other than Flinger (AKA, the wild goose-chase).

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-11-15 21:08:42

Hmm Cae, methinks you replied to the wrong topic.

That is hilarious Enes! I've never heard Selene Deon's butchery of James' Hauner's music performed so in tune, --- -and that goes for the original big_smile.

The vibrato is particularly impressive, though I suppose sinse most pitch corrected pop singers have it added electronically too, it shouldn't be too hard to add.

Deffinately a great piece of work for whoever came up with that.

Only one thing, ---- Deck! talk isn't eh good name for a voice associated with the Titanic soundtrack, I'd worry we would soon end up with scuttle the deck talk instead big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-15 22:23:25

Oh wow, that actually doesn't sound bad at all.  whoever came up with that is a genius. big_smile

2011-11-15 22:28:58

The first sentence of my post was a Megaman reference (though, if you don't know what Flinger is, I could see how you wouldn't put them together smile ).

After this I looked up how to make Jaws + Eloquence sing, and rather than instructions I only found examples. I think I'm already starting to figure out how it works, though.
Now if only I could use it on other sapi4 voices (like the nameless True Voice "adult male#1" and such).
Agreed on the fabrato! I want some!

(Flinger was apparently used to make this, this, this and this. It seems like one of those things you have to already know how to use to learn how to use, though.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-11-15 22:34:06

I was very impressed with this as well.  They did an incredible job and I can only imagine it took quiet a while to do.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-11-15 23:35:40

mega man I know very welll indeed, Flinger I know not at all I'm afraid.

I'd guess though you need to look for a boss called Flingerman in the classic series, fling ferrit in the x series, and something like flingeru deathspidericus in the Zero series big_smile.

yes, boss names and indeed forms seem to get weerder as time goes bye big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-16 00:41:02

Honestly that was down right fantastic in my book. If it sounded slightly more human, it would bring me some kind of musical bliss. I like how spot on in tune it sounds. Some people hate that kind of sound but personaly, i like it a lot. I wish i knew how to use software to do that kind of thing.

2011-11-16 02:59:59 (edited by CAE_Jones 2011-11-16 04:13:38)

You and me both. smile
I did manage to get jaws to do something today, but it's not on the level of the Dectalk + Titanic example or the things that have been done with Flinger.

[edit] Hmm, since my googling didn't turn up any instructions on how the Singing Jaws works, I thought I'd explain what I've managed to figure out so far.

There are basically three "tags" you can use to manipulate how Eloquence reads things. Note that this doesn't work with NVDA.
(If you've got jaws on, you might want to read some of these lines by word or by character...)
The tag that seems to make it sustain the pitch and speed you send it is this:  ‵vf₀ (back quote, v, f, 0. I don't think that's a normal zero, though. You're better off just copying and pasting that one.).
Without that, it seems like the following tags apply to the speaking voice. So if you change the pitch or speed without putting in that backquote v f 0, it will just talk with normal inflection at a different pitch. This one is the first one you should have at the start of what you're modifying.

Next, we have the speed control, which is backquote, v, s, and a number for the speed. So something like this:  ‵vs60
A higher number is faster, and a lower number is slower. It's useful for varying the duration of things that jaws "sings".
The last one is pitch, which you specify with backquote, v, b, and a number for the pitch. This number seems to be relative to the pitch setting in Eloquence and has nothing to do with hertz or musical notes, though it seems like it's 2 per halfstep, or close enough (if 47 is a b, 49 should be a c, maybe. And 51 would be a c sharp. I don't know what pitches correspond to actual notes, so I've been picking arbitrarily and sticking to that scale). So a pitch of 47 would use this:  ‵vb47

Som ethings to keep in mind are that each of these tags seems to need to be a separate word, so keep spaces between them. Also, these two examples turn out differently, but I'm not sure why:

‵vf₀ ‵vs60 ‵vb47 Would ‵vb56 you ‵vb63 like ‵vf₀ ‵vs60 ‵vb47 sing ‵vb56 ing ‵vb63 jaws ‵vf₀ ‵vs60 ‵vb59 here ‵vb56 you ‵vb51 go

‵vf₀ ‵vs60 ‵vb47 Would ‵vb56 you ‵vb63 like  ‵vb47 sing ‵vb56 ing ‵vb63 jaws  ‵vb59 here ‵vb56 you ‵vb51 go
The second one lacks the vf and vs tags in the second triad. I guess Eloquence is still treating it as a sentence, or something? Anyway, it's ok with pitch, but figuring out rhythm is rather difficult.

Also, I'm half expecting the tags to get filtered by the forum. I haven't encountered the eloquence-crashing strings, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're similar enough to be filter-worthy. 8245 is the unicode for the backquote,  and 8320 is the unicode for the not-zero.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-11-16 12:11:38

Very interesting. So how would you apply all those tags and use them. A text document or, something else? Sorry if i sound stupid. I like the examples you provided though, i wish there was a little more in depth information.

2011-11-16 17:26:12

Basically, whenever jaws+eloquence encounters them, they're applied. So it would work in a text document, certainly.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-11-16 20:43:36

Hi,

The only thing I have to critisize about that Titanic thing:
- Drop the volume of the vocals a bit and
- Add a bit of quiet reverb, but loud enough to still be audible.
That's what I would have done. But still, it's cool!

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2011-11-17 02:20:30

I've listened to this a few more times and I'm really liking it!  I'm very glad this was shared with us all.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-11-17 05:23:08

I would certainly like to know how it's done. I doubt anything I could get jaws to do would be of that quality.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-11-17 09:18:59

Hi,

This is how it could be done:
They used some standalone version of Dectalk, like 4.3 Editor, to edit the text to read the proper tags. I don't have an example here, and I haven't done it in a long time so I forgot most of it.
However, you do have to write in phonetics, that's why it might pronounce something a bit odd.
Then they could have used the convert to Wave option in the editor, and cut it to fit the song in a DAW.
I'm quite surprised. I thought more of you knew this. Lol smile

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2011-11-27 23:37:29

I remember once there was that folder examples.zip with lots of scripts, but not even they were this good.

I live to crochet!

2011-11-28 09:05:58

Here's an example:

[:phoneme on]
[lae<500,13> _<250> lae<500,20> _<250> lae<500,17> _<250> lae<500,20>]

I don't know how it sounds, but it should work...

Alex

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4