2006-09-09 14:35:35

hi,
my sapi decided to go boom.. or at least it's speech. my microsoft mary doesn't work, even if i reinstall it. where can i get a sapi 5 voice.

2006-09-09 17:43:07

hi arjan, i got my win-eyes voice package from microsoft.com
i think the package was called microsoft dk 1.5 or something like that.
hth

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-09-09 18:13:34

Hi Arjun, Ian Humphries site hosts the Sapi cor TTs install as well as instructions on how to get it running (and some rather nicely constructed games). go to:

http://www.omninet.net.au/~irhumph/blindgamers.htm

Also, if your using windows Xp, have you tried system restore? depending upon the nature of the boomb Sapi has undergone it may help.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-09-10 08:19:55

nope, it didn't work. and even if i have got it, i somehow messed up quake too. i can't use any of the f1 f2 f3 f4 etc keys, and when i reinstall it it doesnt detect a registered quake version which i have.

2006-09-10 11:24:36

hey,
Lighttech also hosts sApi 5.1.
Hope this helps a bit.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-09-10 11:27:56

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Quake, not yet having tried the game (it looked too much of a pain to install and then try and find a copy of the actual Quake game and everything).

Anyway, if audio quake is giving you an option to brouse for the program you could find it that way (clicking brouse and then finding Quake in the tree).

Also, just in case it has been completely removed, you might try looking in the add or remove programs list in the control panel (start menue, settings, control panel add/remove programs). If it's not there there's a good chance that you'll need to re-install it.

Though on the other hand, for some very odd reason I recently install the BG hearts game, and that doesn't appear in Add/remove programs, even though BG Lap and Bg cribbage do.

Sorry i couldn't be more help.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-09-10 15:17:40

well i got it working but has anyone had the problem where your function keys don't work? that is the f2 f3 f4 keys etc?

2006-09-10 18:39:34

does the sapi 5.1 come with voices? microsoft mary/mike/sam don't work no matter how many times i reinstall them.

2006-09-10 19:35:28

I'm not certain, I've only got Sam and Mary here. but this page just hosts the Sapi tts voices, which might be different from the full install. It costs nothing to try anyway:

http://www.whitestick.co.uk/text.html

I hope this fixes things, I've never had to reinstall Sapi myself (hopefully I won't have to), but from pages that seem to host it I assumed it shouldn't be too much hastle.

2006-09-10 19:49:38

i already have the mary and mike, but no matter how many times i reinstall them it still doesn't work. i got cepstral, but it keeps saying please register me this voice is not licensed. what i need is sapi 5 compatible voices that are free.

2006-09-11 09:36:28

Topic title changed from please reply quickly to speech api problems.

2006-09-11 15:48:09

the quake problem had to do with the config.cfg file being corrupted or something. i still need a voice which doesn't continually remind me that i need to register it though.

2006-09-16 09:32:13

Hi,
Where can I get the Mary in Space and all those voices?
Thanks.

2006-09-16 22:28:36

Just a note, if you have the Mary and Mike voices you already have SAPI 5.1.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-09-17 15:16:10

they're sapi 4, i don't think there are those for sapi 5

2006-09-18 07:47:26

And quoted from the Audio Quake download page

. If you use Windows XP, you already have a suitable version of SAPI (5.0), but you may wish to install some extra voices (Mary and Mike) if you don't already
have these, as they're much clearer than the voice Windows XP comes with by default

Thus Mike and Mary are SAPI 5 voices.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-09-20 14:08:14

mary and mike in space aren't, and elliott was meaning those

2006-09-20 23:18:13

This is the post I was responding to, not Elliot's. I was pointing out that the voices listed are the voices included with SAPI 5.1.

arjan wrote:

does the sapi 5.1 come with voices? microsoft mary/mike/sam don't work no matter how many times i reinstall them.

cx2
-----

2006-09-22 20:15:24

i meant different voices - in my post it clearly says that mary, miek and sam they don't work if i reinstall them.

2006-09-23 03:40:13

The confusion was that you didn't specify different voices, the way it sounded to me was that you wanted to know if you installed SAPI5.1 would you get more voices.

The post was worded such taht I assumed you thought you didn't have 5.1. The part about reinstalling doesn't come into it.

cx2
-----

2006-09-23 09:07:19

Hi,
So where can I get Robosoft4 and all those other voices?