2011-11-18 00:59:20

As a game developer who recently needed voice actors, it seems like a good idea to have a dedicated thread where people can post recorded demos of themselves.  This will allow game developers to browse through them to find the right voices to match what they are looking for.

For voice actors, please include a little bit of information about yourself along with your demo link.  Most developers will want to know how often you are typically available to record sounds, what you feel are your strong suits, and if you are looking to be paid for your participation.  I hope this ends up being a useful resource, and I'm also willing to host demo files if anyone doesn't have a place to store it.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-11-18 03:40:15

here is my link this is djrockmaster rob also known as robert collett, all game devs take a listen!

http://www.4shared.com/audio/31RL4gZF/v … _demmo.htm

I no longer use skype like I used to, so feel free to follow me on twitter at rockmasterrob for updates, to chat and all that good stuff. I follow any and everybody back who follows me.

2011-11-18 23:39:52

I'm Dark, obviously around on this forum a lot.

My test file can be found Here on sendspace

I can usually reccord at very short notice, ---- within 3-4 days at the outside, in wav or mp3 format, and am quite willing to do long and complex speeches.

My voice is tenor to baritone, and I can do various vocal alterations and colours through altering chest size, use of diafragm and nose, and the position of the pallet and vocal folds. I'm also willing to submit test reccordings for a given character and take directions, and am quite happy to redo recordings in another fashion if necessary.

though my formal training is in singing, in course of this I've played several parts on stage, including heroes, vicars and inept gangsters.

I've also voice acted in several games previously, I played Brutus the main villain, (and a random guard), in 3D velocity, and several parts in Airik the clerric including the chief who is the main teacher and mentor for the game.

Accents wise I'm fairly traditional (actually slightly propper, English), comfortable in cockney, yorkshire, Irish, or the standard american which I believe is east coast.

I would attempt other accents as well, in fact I'll try most things voice wise, though I don't guarantee the results.

As to payment, usually I'm quite happy to work for a free copy of whatever the game is, or indeed for free if the game is not commercial, the same goes fo audio dramas too.

if the game is not accessible I'm willing to discuss different options.

I will however site any work I do in my cv, and would thus prefer the game to be from a reputable developer and to be of reasonable quality, ie, good enough to have a page on the audiogames.net database.

if you like the sound of this, please contact me on [email protected], or if you'd prefer on the audiogames.net forums.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-21 09:58:29

Dark, was that really you?
OMG! That was the best voice actor demmo I have ever heard! It sounded seriously professional.
big_smile

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-11-21 11:13:12

Yes, that's me indeed. I'm glad you liked the file. It's one of Roahald Dahls' revolting rhymes, which are actually extremely funny (I particularly like Goldy lox which is presented as a court case about a girl breaking and entering a house and pinching other people's porage!).

My brother and I learnt that as a bit of a party peace when we were quite young, so I always tend to remember it.

Listening to the file now I do wonder if my mike pickup was set a bit too low, sinse it's much quieter than it needs to be, and also I'm not sure if I made as much out of Granny and Riding hood's voices as I could've done.

Stil, I'm glad it works as a demonstration file.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-22 04:05:11

Hi,
I was getting ready to ask you about that rhyme. Lauren, you want professional, play TDV: his Brutus voice is incredible.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-11-22 08:10:01

so I'm a professional psychotic lunatic? ---- actually that's pretty likely big_smile.

Brutus was really fun to do, though amusingly enough I had to make sure I only did the recordings in the middle of the day, sinse I didnt want my neighbors thinking something was going wrong when I was screaming manically into a microphone, however I didn't really want to ease up on the mania either.

that's really what made it fun, the chance to just go nuts! big_smile.

2011-11-22 08:49:40

Lol. I'll have to play TDV then big_smile

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-11-22 09:04:05

Hi,
Can you please upload this tdv voice I don't have a registered copy anymore and I would like to hear how it sounds.
Regards,
Marc

2011-11-22 21:28:22

Unfortunately, I only have the files I've made and not the complete cutscenes which went to the sound designer, also remember I only recorded my lines, so you'd essentially just be getting random voice clips of half of a conversation.

Probably better would be if someone did a tdv recording, ---- which I'd actually quite like to here myself.

2011-11-23 03:05:25

Hi,
I actualyl tried that the other morning, and had no luck; much to my irritation I got an error half way through it and had to basically scrap the whole thing.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-11-23 15:31:39

Dark> Nice demo... Would be very nice with sfx I think...

Alex

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2011-11-23 15:57:03

Hi Dark,
Can you send those broodis things? I wanna listen to them. Thanks.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-11-23 17:49:28

@burak as I said, they're not very complete, hopefully Haiden can do a tdv demo instead assuming he doesn't get errors.

@Alex, Glad you liked the demo. It's actually intended as a demo of my voice acting to send to anyone who might be looking for a voice actor, thus sound effects wouldn't really be appropriate to what it was made for, sinse obviously if I were sending voice acting files to someone they'd just want my voice alone with no sfx.

Pluss of course, I make no pretentions of being a sound designer at all so am not sure how successful I'd be at adding affects anyway.

2011-11-23 18:27:04

Hi rob, I was tryed to download your demo, but it said it is unavailable. Can you upload it again?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-11-23 19:39:58

Hi,
The real acting is goes at the beginning of the boss so I'll see if I can grab that. But it's not lookign good: this is the first tie i've played it since the update where enemies can use multiple shots at once, and i cannot get past the powerplant area to save my life.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-11-27 00:25:41

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, FOR A LONG LONG long long long time i thought that dark whas the captain chase. hahahahahahaha. are you him dark?

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D

2011-11-27 06:09:19

Nope, I just played brutus and a couple of guards in the game.

Captain chase was I believe played by Lee, who also did Orion. He was the main sound designer for tdv and is sometimes on these forums under the name Archer.