2011-10-31 22:45:54

Hi,
I was searching through the database and i found the link to guess it was broken, and then i searched through my old games and found a setup file for guess it version 1.1.
I would like to ask if I should host it myself or if someone else wants to do it?
Regards,
Marc

2011-11-01 12:54:00

Hi Mark.

If the link is broken that would suggest the original author is no longer hosting the game, so any help with this is much appreciated. Just post the new link and I'll be glad to update the entry with a note on your hosting just as I have for the savage gammet and the other games hosted by Bladestorm.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-02 21:16:00

Hi,
I am now hosting guess it at:
http://www.marcrosoft.dk/downloads/gues … -setup.exe
Please update the database.
Regards,
Marc

2011-11-03 01:12:56

Hi Mark.

Thanks a lot for this. I'll certainly update the link for the time being, it's really great of you to host the game. The only miner problem is that the way the guidelines are shaping up, guess the number games might not be able to have entry pages on the database anymore as they might contravine the guidelines, ---- I'm not sure at this point, we'll just have to see.

If this is the case, I'll certainly let you know, and your of course welcome to distribute the file around, it might just not be able to have an actual database page anymore.

Thanks again for the hosting.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-04 17:05:27

Very simple. It just says no link or it will say 404, file is not found or some errors like that when you try to click on the link.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-11-04 17:45:36

I believe that is a spambot, it's made similar posts always asking about topic subjects.