2011-10-28 18:41:34 (edited by nina0116 2011-12-07 18:59:44)

Hi everyone I'm nina0116 and I am announcing the start of my Skyline Audio games.  Skyline Audio games will produce games in the bgt engine, in catogories such as roll playing, adventure,   fighting, etc.  For our first game I would like to introduce the elementals tournament.  This is a turn based tournament fighting game with some items, spells, and skills thrown in for added power.  The game was based on the idea of the game Dragon Seed released for the soni playstation back in the 90s.  The link to download the game is:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ma2ava
Please feel free to send me any comments or suggestions for the game, and watch for my next game sometime in the next 6 months.

Want to order food, but can't get out? Try this .
https://postmat.es/Tw5eUTrBn4

2011-10-28 18:59:55

Hello, and welcome to audiogames.net! I am downloading your game right now.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-10-28 19:34:14

O! Fuck! How a cheat it is! I can't hit my aponent, but it can hit me 632333242 damage! What a fucking bug it is!

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-10-28 23:46:17

Hey can you use dropbox to upload future versions? Sendspace has some kind of weird bandwith limit, so I can download games at the amazing... 75kb ps.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2011-10-29 02:26:27

Hey kind of weirdness.

I have armor that has 50 defense. So I got hit by lightning for 20 damage. and died. I don't get it. The game is cool though to bad I don't have the mp yet for the erruption spell.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2011-10-29 16:23:49

First of all thanks to all who responded. 
burak sorry about the damage.  The game does select ramdom stats for the opponent, but I'll look into balincing it out a little. 
bladestorm360 I'll look into the menus you menchend, About the gp and ep, this is randomized at the start of a new game, but I may have set it to high and so I'll bring it down.  as for the race, this is randomly selected when the opponent is created and I have no idea why you faced nothing but fairys.  I'm not sure what else I can put into the game especially the battle system, but if you have a suggestion I'd would like to hear it. 
stewie I unfortunitly can't use dropbox because it requires me to download and install a program on the computer, ancd I share the internet computer with someone who wants me to be careful what I install.  About armor, this is only used for your physical defence, to raise your defence against spells and techniques you need to raise your charm attribute.  As to why you died from the lightning spell I'm not sure  except that the damage announced may not be the damage you received.
I will look into all of these problems and releae a new update soon, keep those messages coming.

2011-10-29 17:00:41

By the way, sorry for my last post, I was angry.

2011-10-29 21:02:50

hey mabey you can make such combad dialogs such when you use a gust there can be a little speach of sapy saying
'your gust of wind knocks your enemy backward, sending them to the ground! they must see stars now' or when you use a rain of errows sapy says some thing like 'errows rain from the arena seeling. your fo is off guard, and is hit by many of them. he screams out in pane, before requvering from the errows and charges.'

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2011-10-30 01:04:27 (edited by stewie 2011-10-30 01:05:02)

Yeah there is something kind of weird with the random race system. I have just reached the water class 4th  one. For the first half I fought elves, now I'm fighting dwarves. Could you post some of the randomization code you used? maybe someone here could solve the issue.

2011-10-30 11:47:15

Agreed with bladestorm360's huge post; saved me from lots of typing.

Also more bugs to report; i noticed that for instance when i used the cure spell it uses meteorite instead of cure and vise versa, and the last technique or spell in the menu won't work. I.E when you choose it nothing seems to happen and its your opponent's turn. Also, being able to type numbers when distributing stats would be nice as using the up and down arrows is a little tedious.

Also, when the game options "announce attacks" and "announce special attacks" is selected and I choose ok, it doesn't seem to save for when i go back to it again, those 2 boxes still remain unchecked.

A few more suggestions; announcing the amount of elemental points a specific skill/spell will require would be pretty nice, and also buying things not exiting you out of the shop.

2011-10-30 17:51:19 (edited by nina0116 2011-10-30 17:52:46)

Wow I didn't think this would get this good. 
burak: Don't worry about it I'm still learning and if I tick  someone off I'm ready to take it.
connor142: Thanks for the suggestion about the messages  for spells and techs, I should have that in the next update.
stewie: I'm curious are you getting random elements to  fight?  If that is the case I'll need to look awt the race  generator code and see why it's not selecting differant  races.
bladestorm360: Thank you for the grage suggestions, I like  your idea for the quedst shop, and will work on that for  another update.  Although putting in a dungion system is  not with in the scope of this game I might put in something I  saw in another game witch is simeler where you make your  way through a maze of rooms and fight an opponent in each  room.  What do you guys think of this.  I don't want to start  coding this if noone else wants to play this.  As for the extra  game modes, I'll give it some serious concideration.  I'm also  going to take your suggestion and plase a caseano in the  upper right corner.  Now for the elemental strengths and  weaknesses, as of now every elemental takes half damage  from it self, and each element has an oppiset that deals  doubble damage.  I just looked at the readme file and found I  forget to put this information in there, so the next update  will have this in there, but for convenience  I'll list the pairs  here. 
Light is weak to Shadow
Air is weak to Earth
Water is weak to fire
Shadow is weak to Light
Earth is weak to air
Fire is weak to Water

At the present only the fire elemental learns status spells,  however light can raise their resistance stat, and lower the  opponent's accuracy.  The air elemental can lower the  opponent's agility, and the shadow elemental can drain hp  from their opponent.  I will work on creating more spells and  techniques though.  As for the bosses, each boss has a  specialty that is subpost to give them the advantage in one  area of combat,  However I will add mor hp to each boss,  just a little, If anyone has reached Lightning the final boss  you might not want him to have more hp, but let me know  about this.  I like the suggestion about trofies, especially if I'm going to make the bosses even harder to kill, I'll look into implimenting some kind of trofy system in the future, right now I want to smash all the bugs and implement all the other suggestions first.
Victorious Thanks for pointing that out about the spells, I'll have that fixed in the next update.  As for typing in numbers to distribute points is no problem I'll have that in the next update, be sure to read the readme file so you know how it works.  Thanks for pointing out the check boxes in the options menu, I'll look in to that right away  I'll add the mp or sp cost to each spell or technique in the next update,  at least I think thats what your talking about because I'm sure the ccost to learn a spell or technique is already there, but I'll check on that and if it is not I'll add it right away.  I'll also work on the shops code,  The weapon and armor shop do this because it is asumed that you would only buy one weapon or piece of armor at a time, however the item and spells shop should not be doing this at least the item shop shouldn't until you buy all 3 items or press the escape key.

Thanks again everyone, and please if you need to unload about how the game is playing don't worry about afending me.  I know I'm going to make mistakes and I need to have them pointed out so I can fix them.  Btw I'm sorry I oly respond once a day.  this is all the time I get to surf the net.

2011-10-30 18:05:10

Hey with the armor shop I think I know what the issue is.

I think you've done the armor items and costs in an array. Soo, when you click the armor name, you didn't do a -1 on the cost so it'll be double.

2011-10-30 18:47:15

well. about this quest thing. mabey in each room there will be some thing of the following.
1: an enemy.
2: a trapp.
3: a special item 'weapons, armor, gold, elemental points and toams for new spells. and the acasiunal treashure and potion.
4: nothing.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2011-10-31 14:05:21

HI,
This person said you "need to be careful"? Not that you cannot. And dropbox is not very intrusive as far as it goes.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-10-31 15:47:13

I'll consider putting healing items in the game.  This sill mean redoing the hole item shop code, but I'm more then happy to do that.  The black and white potions are upgrades of the other potions in the shop, where they increase stat, it is just the the super potions increase 3 stats at once instead of one.  I know why the armor price is doubled, and I have this fixed.  I need to know has anyone had the same problem with eh price of weapons?  I'm half way finished giving every spell and technique a little discription and that will be ready for the next update.  I'll also have some quests ready to go in the nex update, though not that many.  I do have plans to add a lot of quests, and will be sure to add all of them.

2011-10-31 17:17:34

ah, this sounds excellent.  to be honest, while i do enjoy entombed, it'll be nice to play something with a more mainstream feel to it.  currently i've been making sure that i don't buy less than 2 spells or techs at once what with the only or last menu option doing nothing at all.  also, i'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but could there be a way to find out what the enemy uses on you?
on an unrelated note, are there any voices i could use on 64 bit win 7 apart from anna? its not that i'm fussy, i just find using her impractical at the best of times

2011-10-31 17:19:30

The bug doesn't seem to affect weapons. Hmm bladestorm360, didn't know that you could buff up the stats of your current eq heh; maybe have to play it a bit more.

2011-10-31 17:43:05

unfortunitly I know of now other voices for windows 7.  I know what you mean about anna I dislike it to.  I'm sorry if I didn't sazy this earlier, but I have fixed the but with the spells and techs in combat.  If you want to have the game tell you waht the opponent uses in battle, just toggle the announce special attacks option on, either from the optins menu, or by pressing shift a in the town square.

2011-11-05 22:03:42

Hay everyone sorry for beeing out of touch for so ling,  I'me been hard at work coding in the suggestions that you all have made, and I thaught you would like to know how I'm coming with it.  I have found and fixed the bug that made the game cast the rong spell in combat.  I also found the bug in the armor that made the player pay twice the price for armor.  I have added little messages to every spell and technique that are spoken when the player or the opponent casts one of these.  I have added the first of my gamboling games, and am working the second.  Whe I finish the 3 games I have come up with, I will start working the quest system.  I think I have found the bug in the opponent's race and I will be looking into that next.  Keep telling about problems, or suggestions you have for the game, I'm always listening. 
nina0116

2011-11-06 01:11:17

Hi,
thanks for keeping us informed, it looks like its shaping up to be pretty good. smile

2011-11-06 11:18:42

Where can i download the game?

2011-11-06 18:11:42

The game update isn't ready yet, but the first release can be downloaded here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bujs4t
be worned ghough, it has some bug that don't exist in the update.

2011-11-06 19:11:09

When i click on start download it says that the service is temporarily unavailable.Is this a problem with my computer? Or just a problem for everyone.

2011-11-07 17:56:46

This is probably a problem with the server I uploaded the game to.  My next upload should take care of that.

2011-12-07 18:57:13

Hay everyone, it's been a long time, but I finally have an update for the elementals tournament game.  In this update I'me made the following changes: fixed the bug that forced the game to cast the wrong spell and technique, added a caseano to play in to make money, changed the item shop to sell 3 kinds of potions that the player can carry with them and use in battle, moved the "load game", "save game, and "status" menu options to 1 square, added a gender to the player, added the option to type in an amount while distributing attribute points either in a new game, or when leveling up, updated the readme file with some information I forget in the last upload,  add the option to select the quest center from the main menu, but the quest system is not working yet so there is nothing there at the moment.  If i forget any I'm sorry about that.  I hpe to have the quest system working in the next update.  You can download the new file at:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ma2ava
I'm sure there are still problems in the game, so please let me know what you think.