2006-08-22 11:27:04

Hi Guys!
Just a small slightly off-topic question. Recently we were contacted by a blind man who became an audio designer. He is able to edit waveforms, but multitrack editing is very difficult (dor instance in Wavelab). If necessary, we would like to start a project in order to find solutions for editing multiple tracks at one time, just like sighted editors do. I would like to ask you:
- is it possible for you to edit waves in multitrack mode?
- which program do you use?
- which problems do you encounter?
- does your hardware or screenreader fully support all the features of the program?
- any tips or tricks? smile
Just to know we are not trying to find solutions for things that are already possible. Thanks a lot!

2006-08-26 07:56:59

Apparently no-one is audio editing here?

2006-08-29 05:07:34

I'm sure there are people audio editing on here, given the topics on things like goldwave and such. Unfortunately I'm not one of them, sorry.

I'm a little startled noone has given even the slightest response on here.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-08-29 07:14:31

Yeah, it would really help me out... wink
I searched on the internet and there is hardly any info about multitrack editing for the blind. That is why we want to research the possibilities and find a proper solution. The guy we're doing the project with was a photographer by profession. He became blind and focused on the audio domain...but multitrack editing seems a big problem to him, because of the visual orientation. That is why I'd like to ask if everyone is having problems with multiple layers of sound or not.

2006-08-29 09:28:21

I tried to use Audacity, but I did not figure out how to switch between the individual tracks with the keyboard. I heard of a program called studio recorder from the american printing house for the blind. I think it was designed to be accessible for blind and visually impaired people.