2011-10-20 20:59:11

Hi guys
I was trying to run the newest version of Pacman Talks, but it doesn't works.
It gives me alot off erros.
I have the error.log file in my my pacman directory and I was sending it to pill vlasak, but I dinn't get any answer yet.
I can give you the contains which is in side my log file.
After this erors the game is wolks but I can't play it, because I don't hear the dots sounds an I can't play it.
I hear anywhere, that the oldest version of Pacman Talks is works corectly.
I have Windows xp Home editi*n with Service pack 3 and Directx 10 installed.
Also the newest version of Ten Pin alley not works.
It gives me any Error patch not found.
I don't remember, which number tis error have.
I have typed two messages to Draconis five moths ago but I didn't get any answer from Draconis.
but I have the old demo of TenPin alley version 1.0 from Edora entertainment and it works.
But I think, that if I buy the license from Draconi, if Draconis is works obviously, it will not works.
I don't know, what is the diference betwen version1.0 from Adora and latest version from Draconis

2011-10-21 09:49:46

Hmmm, the newest versions should certainly work on windows xp, I've got them myself. I do wonder if your stil missing some components, maybe some of the direct x updates, If you've contacted Phil vlasac though he should be able to let you know about that one.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-10-21 22:37:27

Hi
I have updated my operating system and it is still the same think.
I that that that the pacman 1.1 wchich is last version have erors in programming.
Phil Vlasac makes alot off mistake.
I think about it because the game shows me 10 errors such as
Error readin map.dm or eror readin level 8.dm.
Also I can't run Pacman Talks help, because I get th strange error
Error in line 35 for example.
This game is not corectly compiled but I don't understan why.
and I don't know, that another people have the same problem.
What about Tenpin alley, it gives me run-time eror 76 path not found

2011-10-22 09:15:58

That's a litle harsh mojsior for something which many people have been playing for a good long time, I think if it had that! many errors, not so many people would've bought it.

I wonder if this is a windows 7 64 byt issue. As I said though, contacting Phil directly is your best bet, ditto with Draconis, sinse I'm pretty sure ten pin alley should work correctly on windows 7.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-10-22 11:26:16

Yes my friend was tested ten pin alley in Win 7 and it works.
Maybe you can upload to dropbox oldest version for Pacman Talks.
I have version 1.0 of Tpa distributed fro Adora and it works and I see that it haven't any difference between verson 1.0 and 1.2 and my friend was said me, that the newest license is working with last release of TPa and I can qite buy this license
I think, that Draconis Entertainment didn't developed any games.
They only saling your game.
I know, that all games, which they have on your server are from Espsoftworks and Pcsgames suh as Sarah.
It is only distributor of games.
I know that Esp softworks still works and maybe tey make new project suh as Esp Raceway and Draconis will get new product for sale.
I will try to write to Vlasac again and maybe I try to write a message to David Greenwood from Gma Games, because it is created by Gma games engine.
I heard that David will update your engine.
It want to play thisgreat game.
I have hared as Kelly Sapergia play it and it is nice game

2011-10-22 15:30:10

Mojsiior,
1. I respect that you have difficulties with English but please try to pay more attention to what you write nevertheless. If you confuse the word "your" with "their" or "his" occasionally, for example, it makes your posts much more complicated to understand.
2. As far as I remember, Ten Pin Alley is a production of Adora Entertainment, where PCS Games only helped with sounds, and with Sarah it's the other way round - Phil created it and Josh Delioncourt provided some sounds. Adora Entertainment later changed their name to Draconis Entertainment so these two are the same thing. So they certainly do have at least two games of their own creation and they used to be working on new ones. I guess their current distribution of unlock keys for the games that are up on their site is a kind of automated, self-sustaining routine, whereas their active development efforts have died or at least been shelved temporarily.
3. ESP Soft works certainly doesn't exist any more. James North tried to come up with Max Shrapnel and Montezuma's Revenge under the name of alchemy Game Studios, and perhaps even complete Raceway as well, but he never finished either one of these projects and eventually just disappeared as well. So Draconis took all of his completed existing games and started maintaining and selling them, they in fact updated most of them, like Alien Outback and Monkey Business, quite a bit once upon a time. And Thomas Ward has taken over the other of North's projects that were not finished yet, i.e. Raceway and Montezuma's Revenge (which has now become Mysteries of the Ancients). I know that this situation is a little complicated to understand properly so I let you know just to eliminate any possible confusion and false assumptions.
4. Your errors with Pacman and TPA are most odd in deed, and I've never heard of anyone else experiencing similar problems, so I assume that either Dark is right and you are running a 64-bit version of Windows 7, which is probably pretty much untested with these games, or that you are missing some of the components of the older Directx (I believe that one of these games might still be using directx 7 like Aprone's games) or perhaps the Visual Basic 6 runtime libraries (I think that at least the GMA game engine, so Pacman, was written in that language). So don't blame people for something that is not their fault, please. Admitedly David Greenwood used the language which is now heavily outdated and is not supported any more but that's the only fault of his I can think of at the moment, in relation to the way his games are written. Many people like Aprone, for instance, still like to use VB6 because apparently it had many benefits over other, more complex languages, had a stable core, was relatively simple to use, etc, it's just not supported any more and uses libraries which are being gradually replaced with new ones. And also people are too lazy to learn new things. :-D
Hope this helps,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-10-22 18:46:28

To Lukash
Yes, I have troubles with writing in English language, but I try still working on my mistakes and I am very sorry for this stupid situation, but I still try to repair my problems and I am sometimes flustrated an I can make any mistakes with my writing.
I am sorry again.
No, I don't have Windows 7.
I have Windows xp with Service Pack 3 and Directx 10.0.
Also I have installed Net framewor 1, 2, 3 and 4, Wisual Basic 6 run-time.
I am sure, that oldest version of Pacman Talks should be works.
I like that Game.
I aso like this old title suh as Mario and I think about Pacman which will be done in bgt.
I think, that Bgt is very good engine to make a games.
I know, that Pacman Talks is old game and have problems with last components.
Maybe it isn't compatible with my drivers or Directx but I don't give up, because this game is great and I must play it.
I remember, that I have played the Pacman Talks for sighted people and I think, that Pcs games made great Game.
Kind regards

2011-10-22 20:12:29

Don't worry too much about your English mojsior, just try your best and if something isn't clear we'll let you know, ---- you might even want to try google translator sinse it's worked for some of our other members.

As to Packman talks, it should be working fine. It rather sounds to me as if your missing some specific direct x updates sinse some of them are not backwards compatible. As I said though the best person to contact about this is Phil vlasac himself sinse obviously he's the one who knows his game code.

As to Draconis, they ahve actually done a lot of working, creating more games like esp pinball extreme and the party pack, and I believe dynaman, as well as updating the other games (for instance monkey business originally ran only from cd and had no demo available). It's also not surprising that their games ran on windows 7, sinse they've updated them all to do so.

Last I heard in 2009, they were changing over their system to create windows and mac versions of their games then were going to release something new, but nothing has been heard sinse then unfortunately.

However sinse their site is stil up, the games are stil available and orders are stil being filled, I'm hopeful this is just a temporary lul and they'll get back to releasing games soon.

2011-10-22 21:54:09

Dark: concerning Draconis, I am hoping for the same thing.
Mojsior: Yeah, I am sorry as well, maybe my original remark about your English was a bit too harsh itself. Dark's idea about google Translator sounds good to me though, or maybe you might want to double or tripple check your posts before or after submiting them and then perhaps use the edit link on them.
Okay, this is really very strange then, considering that you have installed all those things and you are even running Windows Xp. Phil's answer would be best but he tends not to respond to e-mails lately, at least from my personal experience. The only thing I can suggest at this time is to have only one version of .net framework installed. I don't see why you have all 4 of them when they should be backwards compatible, as far as I know.
Hope this helps,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-10-23 09:24:46

Actually lucas some versions of net framework aren't backwards compatible, for instance I had to install net framework one even though I already had two when I installed rail racer sinse two apparently wouldn't run the game. but there's no need to go hunting up software, just make sure you've got what is stated in the manual.

2011-10-23 11:00:23

Oh, then that's really annoying in deed. didn't know about that. So maybe this problem has been sorted out only in versions 3 or 4, or something along those lines, cause whenever I now try to play some of the old .net based games on my Windows 7 32-bit machine, it runs fine and I have just version 4 here.
Lukas

2011-10-23 13:53:32

Could it be that you're using a non English keyboard setting? I know that's been known to cause problems with games since other languages use different symbols for different things than English would. I know having a non English keyboad setting has caused problems with Shades of Doom so it stands to reason that it might forPacman as well. If that was indeed the problem all you'd have to do would be to change your keyboard setting to English and it should work fine.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2011-10-23 13:58:20

@Bryan yes, that is it exactly, I just asked Phil on the audeasy list and he said the none english thing is the problem. Apparently it's a problem in the earlier version of the gma engine used in packman talks, which was then solved in Sarah, so he can't patch it, but is going to eventually update the game to run on the latest version of the gma engine instead.

For now, changing the keyboard setting in windows should do the trick.

@Lucas, I think the backwards thing with net framework was specifically with versions 1-3, and not with four, which is also good sinse I believe only four works on post xp windows, so it's entirely possible four does the job. It's however not something I'm going to worry about until it comes to installing fresh copies of such games on another machine.

2011-10-23 15:32:54

To dark
Can you ask Phill Wlasac about Ten Pin Alley.
I talking about Latest verson.
After running the game I get run-time error 76 path not found.
I will try to change my keyboard language but I am not sure that it hels

2011-10-23 17:11:45

There's no point asking phil about ten pin alley, sinse he didn't make the game just helped with some of it's sounds. Try E-mailing draconis entertainment and asking them.

Sadly they aren't on the audeasy mailing list, and if it's just a question of sending an E-mail to their support address it would probably be better if you sent it mojsior, along with a copy and paste of whatever error you got.

that's of course assuming that it's not a similar problem as the one in packman.

2011-10-23 19:51:50

Which it could very well be.I'd see what effect changing the keyboard language has before I write developers.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2011-10-24 09:36:00

Apparently the keyboard problem is a general vb6 issue, so it's likely to affect several applications.