2006-08-27 20:14:38

Hi all,

I got this idea from Light Cars.  Someone made a profile that makes Light Cars playable with a logitech game pad, specifically the Rumblepad 2.  That happens to be the one I have, so I played around with the software a bit and figured out how to program it to work in other audio games.  I'm planning on doing profiles for Monkey Business and Grizly Gulch, but I don't know when I'll get to it since I start another semester of college tomorrow.

For now though, I've done profiles for all the free l-works games, except Pigeon Pannic and the original Egg Hunt since I'm not really a fan of them.

In Super Egg Hunt, I made it so you move around with the d-pad on the gamepad.  You could also use the left stick instead, which makes it a bit more challenging since it makes it a bit like playing on an old Atari or something like that.  To pick an option on the menu, you press button 10, which is in the same place the start button would be on a PlayStation controller.

In order for it to work, you need the gamepad itself, and the profiler software,which is a free download from

www.logitech.com

Once you have the software installed and the game profile loaded, you have to run the profile software first using your screen reader. Then you have to use your mouse pointer to start playing the game but that is easy to find, because it will say something like "play Super Egg Hunt button."  Once you left click on that, you can unload your screen reader and have fun.

My question is, could I somehow submit the actual profiles themselves to this site so people could download them?  They aren't very big, and once you download it you just have to import it into the logitech profiler software.  That way, you wouldn't have to do any configuring...because I've already done it.

Good idea or not?
Brian

2006-08-28 06:00:33

Myself I'd say it's a good idea. I don't know how many people on here would be willing to buy a game pad, but for the types of games that lend themself to game pads I would certainly try it.

Personally I'd be more interested in joysticks, but there aren't many audio games that lend themself to joystick control sadly.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.