2011-10-06 05:09:28

Hello. I am having trouble accessing my dropbox menu from the system tray. I can arrow to the button and i get messages about it uploading, downloading files or whatever, but when i hit the context menu key or enter, nothing happens. I was just wondering how to access the dropbox prefferences menu and whatever else is in the system tray icon. Thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2011-10-06 05:41:47

Hello,

Some system tray icons do not react when you try to use the application key to open up a menu. In such cases, you have to use your mouse with aid of your screen reader to do the job. Below you will find specific instructions for JAWS and NVDA.

JAWS: pressing 'JAWSKey+F11 will bring up a list that contains the items that reside on your system tray. Simply pick the Dropbox item from the list and press enter. JAWS should right-click on it for you.

NVDA: If you use NVDA, then the thing will be different. Locate the Dropbox tray icon using TAB and arrow keys. Make sure that the NumLock is off, and press INSERT+NumPad * to move the mouse pointer to the icon. Finally, press NumPad / to perform a right-click on it.

Hope this helps.

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2011-10-06 14:58:42

NVDA's thing is confusing I couldn't do that. I am using laptop thing. Thanks.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-10-07 14:11:11

Hi,
I reall do not see why that is so confusing. It's not that much different than JAWS' way of doing things.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-10-08 07:19:42

Hello. I have a few questions about dropbox actually. Firstly, what do you mean by numpad and / numpad? do you mean this / mark and which numpad key? Also, what would happen if i deleted the public or photos folder? Could i get them back?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2011-10-11 17:08:00

HI,
Numpad slash means exactly what he said, numpad slash.

Best Regards,
Hayden