2011-09-28 14:23:32

Hi,
He can't install Mary on windows7 and use it cause it doesn't work. The new text-to-speech system uses Anna and it is meant to be used on windows vista and 7 only, so Mary and Mike aren't compatible.
best regards,
jack

2011-09-28 16:38:23

Hi.
I moved this to the offtopic room sinse it isn't game related.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-09-28 17:50:48

Hi,
Is this in response to a topic? If so, I do not see which post it was. If not, why are you posting this?

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-09-29 00:01:29

would you like help installing the voices?
if so i am sorry to say that i can't heolp since i don't no how to do it.
sorry.

I'm gone for real :)

2011-09-29 03:49:58

Hi,
You can not install them. Windows 7 uses SAPI vertsion 5.4, wile XP uses SAPI 5.1. The difference in interfaces makes it impossible.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-09-30 05:01:44

Hi guys,
this was in response to the "Public question about the Jump game" topic. Perhaps you should have just replied to it rather than creating a new topic though, Jack, this way it got a bit confusing and missleading. Now that people began replying to it, however, I should probably keep it as is.
And no matter how right you might be, this still just *cannot* prove that Philip is still using his old computer from like 6 years ago, even when he still has XP. It's very well possible that he had to replace certain components of the old system with new ones, like the hard drive, for instance. Have you thought about that, eh? And we don¨t know and will not know which of his data he managed and wanted to back up and which he didn't. He has stated it several times, or at least once for sure, that he *does not* have the game any more. So please, jack, could you just stop the constant asking for it? It's getting quite annoying, it doesn't seem likely for you to find the game anywhere. if it was worth any further development, I'm sure Philip would have released it himself as opensource or something like that. And if you're capable of working on a game, then why don¨t you just create your own game in the style of bop it, or even a more advanced one? So please, for God's sake, let it be.
Thank you,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-09-30 16:23:02

Hi.
Just thought i would drop in here and say a few things that have came to mind.
First of all, i really don't understand why microsoft couldn't just have made mike and mary compattable with windows 7 and SAPI version 5.4. I mean, wouldn't it be so much better than anna, who is worse than sam? So why not make sapi version 5.4 compattable with win7?
Secondly, jack, you are just going to have to face the fact that the jump game is gone for good. I, myself, feel that a simple bop-it game is not worth posting oveer and over again about. I mean look at the number of bop-it style games we have out there. There is lukas's soundfall, bop-it itself, and a number of others i can't think of right now. So, i think you should just let it rest.
Thanks for reading.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2011-09-30 17:30:31

I find it surprising, amusing and a bit pleasing that you actually mentioned my little parody of a game, Briant. LOL
That thing is as small and simple as you can ever imagine, it's coded in a poor way but yeah, it still works. It was just a crude learner for me, the very first project I ever attempted, and compared to what I am currently working on it seems absolutely ridiculous, I have almost forgotten about it myself, but yeah, it's a little but playable game. And someone might even have learned their first bits of BGT from it. So if the Jump game was even slightly similar to it, I can't see a reason for anyone to want it so desperately. :-D
And as far as the voices go, I think this is very much a matter of personal preference and opinion. I, for one, find Anna much more intelligible and overall better than Sam, she is just too quiet. In any case though, it's true that Microsoft could have made the old voices compatible wit the new Sapi.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-09-30 17:47:48

Well i liked your game. I don't think it is ridiculous. It had replay value.
As far as the voices are conserned, it is true that anna pronounces things better than sam, but still.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2011-09-30 18:36:50

Hi,
I'm noty quite sure how you can like Mary better than Ana thogh. Mike, Mary, and Sam were all abominable, in my opinion.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-09-30 22:32:05

Hi all,
I just thought of something. If no one knows about this, this will be my last post about jump game. First of all for those of you who don't like the anna voice, use ivona2 Joey who is much clearer and louder. You can get a 30 day free trial of the ivona system at ivona.com.
Next for those i phone or ipod touch users, I'm starting to think the jump game is like that game dutle jump. I know the jump game is gone for good, but I'd still like to play something like dutle jump since it's not something us blind folks can play which is a shame because it's a really good game. And for Liam, that commercial about beep that you had on the sight, can you make an actual beep game? I'd like to play it. And is sphere still being developed, if not I'd be more than happy to continue development ont it. Also before super egg hunt plus comes out can you release a little concept demo for public trial which would include some of the basic game modes like normal, minute rush, classic, time attack etc? I'd like to try it before buying it.
Thanks.
best regards,
jack

2011-10-01 00:38:28

Um. You really like posting randomly.

You should write a thread in the main section or something. It's likely liam's not going to check here.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2011-10-03 14:14:37

HI,
Why i9n the world would you want a game where all you have to do is press your spacebar? I could develop a game like that in about 30 seconds without trying.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-10-04 06:02:13

lol that was a nice one Haden. I am sure I could do likewise.