2006-07-29 09:39:21

Before I begin, let me just greet everyone by saying how good it is to be back on this forum. I've been gone for a while, doing this and that, and haven't really had time to check the forum. Let me also say traht anyone who wants to discuss what I'm going to say with me should eamil me at [email protected] rather then jhust post it on the forum. OK now my real message.
  A few days ago, I downloaded both ESP Pinball Classic and ESP Pinball Xtreme. I know it's illegal to share keys with someone, but complete and total transferral of licenses is very legal. In order to do this, you send your license code to someone else, then delete the program from your computer. I'd like to buy both these games, but I don't have a job, and so I don['t have any money. If anyone has bought one of these games, and it's lost it's replay value, or you just don't like it as much as you thought you did, I'll take it. You would have to delete the game from your computer, and unregister it. This is why I said that anyone wishing to discuss this should email me, not post to the forum. I've checked with the company, so I know what I'm talking about. Any takers?

Holden

2006-07-29 11:06:46

Hi,
I will give you a code and get rid of it. What is your email address?

Elliott, the best Audio Gamer.

2006-07-29 12:50:40

My email's [email protected]

Thank you.

Holden

2006-07-29 13:31:23

it doesn't sound that legal to me... you might first have to ask draconis entertainment about it?

2006-07-29 14:05:23

It's legal. If you delete the program after handing the code to someone else. It's called license transferral, and it's legal.

Holden

2006-07-29 22:59:27

I'm looking for it as well. I have the games, but does anyone have, and is willing to give away, Pinball Party Pack one? If so, let me know at [email protected]. It would very appreciated. Thanks.

Discord: clemchowder633

2006-07-30 01:18:38

Hi Folks,

I would suggest NOT posting your email addresses on a forum, since this is bait for spammers.

Greets,

Richard

2006-07-30 04:30:52

Transfer of license is sometimes prohibited by the EULA, but it was originally stated that the company in question had been consulted so there is no issue.

And if the forum system has your current email address people can get the forum to send you an email for them, thus removing the need to post your email.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-07-30 07:39:20

that's why i don't post my email, as long as if i am not forced to I'd rather prefer not to post my email because of spammers. well, if the developer says it is allowed then it's ok, but i don't feel very good about posting it on a forum somehow. but hey, how would you then know if someone had it or not?

2006-08-01 21:21:36

Greetings:

Elliott, you said a couple days ago, you 'd send me a code. My question is not why haven't you sent it, it's where is it? If you've sent me an email, I haven't gotten it. That's all I wanted to say.

Holden

2006-08-01 22:13:44

Hmmm, this whole business sounds rather shady to me. Never, and I mean never, have I encountered a situation like this where you're allowed to do something like what you're describing. In fact I seem to remember reading in the Emails that Draconis sends with your codes that if your unlock codes should fall into the hands of others they will be rendered invalid. Besides, you'd still need the original owner's name to use the code, would you not? You'll forgive me for saying this but these are very valid points as far as I'm concerned. Besides, if a person's used the code to install the game on more than one computer it apparently becomes useless anyway.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-08-02 02:09:47

hi,

How would draconis know if the unlock code is or was shared? They really can't tell... Only if someone reports you. Beside they still use the standard "name key" system. I'm sure they'll switch to internet activation like fs or to the unlock code system. And most games today use the unlock code system, anyways (gma games upgraded all of their games to it). And a few years from now most likely all developers will upgrade. +, the release of windows vista will render most if not all audiogames impossible to play since they won't be compatible. So most developers will have to release a new version of a game.

Regards:

tomi

2006-08-02 02:31:23

It's often been legal in the past to transfer ownership of your software licenses (you don't own the games, just a license to use it). The conditions are that you transfer *everything* including any discs etc, and don't keep copies of things like cd keys or activation codes.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-08-02 03:33:55

tomi wrote:

How would draconis know if the unlock code is or was shared? They really can't tell... Only if someone reports you.

They probably check the key when you post scores (I am pretty sure ESP did)

Anyway I guess it is legal, so long as the other person can be trusted to remove everything.

James

2006-08-02 04:04:36

Well, here's what I think. You do it in a legal way. I'm not asking someone to share their code with me. We both get an unlocked version os the game everyone's happy. I am asking for someone who bought the game, decided they didn't like it, and wants to delete it, to i g their code to someone who does like it. Afrer you get their code, if they don't delete the software from their system, then it's their responsibility, not yours. Is anyone following me?

Holden

2006-08-02 21:29:41

Hi gamers,
Oh, yes, so you're Holden. And you get Joe's unlock code for eeESP pinball xtreme and classic.(Really don't know if Joe is a real person on this forum). So when you post you're score, you come out as Joe. In the next release, they'll disable you're code because you aren't really Joe. +, all Joe's friends will say, "congratulations, Joe, you're number 1 on the board!" and Joe won't even know what they are talking about. As far as I know you're scoreboard  name is based on you're registered name.

Regards:

tomi

2006-08-02 21:37:10

yes, your reg name is based on the name you submit when you post your scores to the net. But why, if I already have my own codes, would I be seeking someone else's? Let's ponder that now.

2006-08-03 02:00:16

Um...How will they know that you delete it from  your computer? Theres no way for anyone to know if you delete it or not. So its like illegal. Draconis has a bad system with no way of checking or using product ids.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-08-03 04:31:27

Here's what I think. If Draconis Entertainment wants to guarerant that codes aren't stolen, then they should get their act together and do something like what BSC, Dan, PB, L-works, GMA do. In fact, I can't think of ahtother company like Draconis. Can you?

Holden
I wonder if Draconis has lost any monet because of their bad code system.

Holden

2006-08-03 06:32:55

Uh... Mike, ever hear of innocent until proven guilty?

It would only be illegal if you kept a copy of either the codes or the software yourself. To take legal action they would need to examine your computer and determine whether the game is still installed, possibly even seeing if they can figure out when it was removed if they can. THerefore doing this properly is not "like illegal".

cx2
-----

2006-08-03 12:54:36

Richard (AudioGames) wrote:

I would suggest NOT posting your email addresses on a forum, since this is bait for spammers.

Allow in the preferences of the forum to recieve messages through the forum and members can send you a message. Here you can send an email address without the whole spamworld knowing it.

to allow tick: profile > privacy > Hide your e-mail address but allow form e-mail.

Use edit to remove the email address from the forum pages...