2006-07-25 17:46:34

Hi.
I recently downloaded the demo of GMA Tank Commander and I thoght it was fun and I liked the sound effects as well as the music. What do you think of that game? do you think it has some replay value? I may buy the game but I would like your opinions first.
Thanks.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-07-25 18:03:30

i have no idea as i didn't buy it, but i really like the demo.

2006-07-25 18:55:56

You do seem to be downloading a fair few demos Game man?

Anyway, as reguards Gma tank commander, as you say, the sound and play of the game are extremely good, with lots of atmosphere, a variety of enemies and many different explosions. One thing you should know about the game however, is that it isn't easy. Even on the lowest difficulty level the last couple of missions are quite a challenge and you'll find yourself cursing some types of enemies. Though the controls do take some getting used to, this is more a matter of just the fact that your simulating driving a tank, not actually a problem, and there are quite a few different ways of accessing commands through the keyboard (I for example found it much easier to move the gun up and down using ctrl and the arrows than the page up and down keys).

On the down side there are only six missionns, and as I've said the last two are quite a pest, the missions are stil fairly interesting though Imho.

I like the game, and I'm not sorry I bought it, but I must admit that I don't play it as often as some other audio games, due to the difficulty, and intense concentration required.

If you want something that's fairly realistic (for an audiogame), very military and requiring some stratogy as well as reflexes, you might like this game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-07-25 19:13:47

In my opinion, it is the most realistic audio game, battle simulator, of course.
However, i think that the game is a bit short. But the last three missions almost made me forgot about that, since they're extremely good, and extremely difficult as well.
Hopefully we'll see you, tc17. smile

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-07-26 03:52:50

Hello
Thanks for your help. Since I was hearing some pretty good comments about the game, I decided to buy it. I have an other question. How do you manage destroying tanks that move pretty quickly?
Thanks.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-07-26 04:26:42

One way is to figure out which way they're heading, then adjust your aim to hit where they should be when the shot arrives. When I used to play mainstream flight simulators and space combat games they called it "leading your target". Not the easiest thing to do in an audio game, but you can certainly do it if you concentrate enough. You might need to increase or decrease gun elevation too as necessary.

You don't always need to be accurate, just push out as many shells as you can in the right sort of area and try to get them all to do some level of damage.

Alternatively if you get close enough you can use armour piercing shells which don't need elevation adjustments.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-07-26 07:53:59

missiles work too, but you'll have to be careful about those because you only have a very limited number of them. i usually just fire, and if they move, I'm quick enough to press the end key so that the shell still takes the pest out. i only use one of my missiles on he helicopter in mission one.

2006-07-26 10:10:52

Because most enemy tanks won't detect you unless your within about 700 meters you can quite often pick off even fast moving tanks at a longer range before they get a chance to attack. I must admit that the idea of a tank as a stealth attack vehicle took me a litle getting used to, but all is fair in love and war right?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-07-26 18:38:18

Well, fighting with cruised missiles is fun. You hear a tank's engine, you stop the tank. Press 6, to switch to it, then you center the tank, and fire.
The tank will be destroyed even when it doesn't appear on your scan.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-07-27 14:26:18

yay, my 600th post. smile
anyway, you can actually do that with standard shells if the tank is about 1000 meters away. just press tab until it says that the tank is ahead of you, raise the barrel, and blast away. you won't do as much damage, but on the other hand, sometimes enemies do not fire back at all. it doesn't always work, especially if the tank is moving quickly away from you or if the enemy turns, but it worked for me sometimes.

2006-07-27 15:57:04

Hi
Thanks for helping me with this game. Can you give me some tips on getting the ammo trucks? They move pretty fast and every time I see them, they always go again. I know that if I use any other weapon then a gun, I would blow up the truck and the ammo.
thx
Game Man

Game Man

2006-07-27 18:55:08

Hello,
Press 5 to activate your armorpiercing shells, and blast 'm away.
May the force be with you... oh this is not star wars... smile

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-07-27 21:33:42

i think that if you do that you destroy the ammo that was contained in the truck.