2006-07-08 08:33:10

Hi,
In the Horse Racing Game, I have created a board using the Board Creater. But can someone pleas tell me how I can use the board I created in the Game?
Thanks.

Elliott, the best Audio Gamer

2006-07-08 09:11:37

The game ame uses automatically the board you have created.

2006-07-08 11:14:51

Hi again,
I put loads of rivers in my board, but there wern't lots when I played it. Why is this?

Elliott, the best Audio Gamer.

2006-07-08 19:32:13

well first of all, there doesn't seem to be any help on the board creator. second, what is actually the difference between create a new empty board, edit the current board and edit a computer generated board?

2006-07-08 21:41:46

Hmm guys, did you read the manual?

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-07-09 10:37:44

I read the Manual, but it doesn't tell you mutch about creating boards

2006-07-09 19:24:27

All right, before you all read this post, i have to warn you that it will be extremely long, because of a section of a manual of the horse racing game.
I'm copying it to here, because it may help others to make boards easier.
For all of you, whom that is easy, please excuse me, and skyp that post.
For the others, please continue, and you may can get how the creator works (however, i think that section is clear in the manual).

+13. making your own tracks

From version 1.5, you are able to make your own tracks.
To make your task a bit easier, we include a board creator program, which you can run from start menu/programs/lighttech interactive/the horse racing game/board creator, by default.

@@ creating a track

After the program started, you will be presented with a menu. The menu contains four options:
create a new, empty board: makes a new, empty board, and loads it to the editor, so you can set different obstacles.
Create a computer generated board: Makes a new board, and fills up with randomly generated obstacles. After it, the program will load it to the editor, so you can set/modify the different obstacles.
Edit the current board: Loads the currently used board into the editor, so you can create/modify the different obstacles.
Exit the board creator: Closes down the board creator program.

@@ The editor

By choosing the first three items from the menu, the editor will open up, and you can edit the board.
The board contains 100 squares, where the starting point is the first, and the end line is the last one. You can't modify this two squares.
You can use the up and down arrow keys to move between the squares, and the left and right arrow keys to modify the square's obstacle.
The obstacle can be blank (if the horse will step on the square, nothing will happen), river, cactus plant, cliff drop and metal barrier.
After you modified the squares, you can press the enter key to save the board, and to return to the main menu of the program.
You also can press the escape key to exit from the editor without saving the changes, and to return to the main menu.

@@ Keyboard commands for the board creator

In the menus:
Up arrow: move up
Down arrow: move down
Enter key/Space bar: activates the selected menu option.
Home/end keys: moves to the first/last item in the menu
Escape key: exits from the board creator

In the editor:

Up arrow: Moves one square up on the board.
Down arrow: Moves one square down on the board.
Left arrow: Moves left in the obstacle list, making the current obstacle as the obstacle of the square
Right arrow key: Moves right in the obstacles list, making the current obstacle as the obstacle of the square
Page up key: Moves ten squares up on the board
Page down key: Moves ten squares down on the board
Home key: Moves to the starting point of the board
End key: Moves to the end line of the board
Enter key: save changes, and return to the main menu.
Escape key: exits from the editor, without saving changes

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-07-09 22:05:30

he above post seems to explain the mechanics of creating a board. That's good. But what it doesn't explain is how the boards are used. How to make them execute. How do you replace your own board with a comp-generated one? Or how do you take the original board, get rid of it, and create your own in its place? I think that's what they're driving at.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2006-07-10 00:19:24

It's quite simple, as soon as you press enter in the editer to save a board, that is the board you will play on, the next time you select the "Play the horse racing game" option.

If you want a new randomly generated board, just go into the editer, find the option to create a computer generated board, press enter, then press enter again without modifying the board, and there you have it!

I'm afraid I don't really see why people are making such heavy weather of this, I found the editer perfectly fine to use (I don't even believe I read the manual before trying it out, or even if there was a section about it in the manual in the version of Thrg I first used it in).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-07-11 00:54:03

Okay. For my part, I totally understand that and it makes sense. I would've assumed it was that way anyway.
In either case, though, I don't think the manual specifically states that, is all.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2006-07-24 20:57:26

hello jade

why should the manual state something so obvious, what did you expect to happen after you saved a new board?

2006-07-25 13:18:28

Hi,
I think there should be a new virsion of the Manual made.

Elliott, the best Audio Gamer.

2006-07-25 14:07:22

as I've said, I personally had no trouble at all iether with the manual or the editer, and it might possibly be more productive for Robjoy, Yaka and co to spend their time working on the developement of Light saber attack etc than re-writing what is in my view quite reasonable documentation.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-07-25 17:15:29

Hello,
We're happy to announce, that the horse racing game 1.62 is released!
This release contains various bug fixes, a statistics feature (just like in light cars), and much more! See the game's documentation for more information
about the changes. go get it at
http://www.lighttechinteractive.com
Have funn!

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-07-25 18:06:05

cool! and there was me thinking you'd finished with version updates of THrg. I'll go and have a look.

2006-07-25 18:09:08

lol how many versions is that now?

2006-07-25 19:10:55

lol, i can't track them down, and i don't think so any of us can.
However, we hope that vresion will be bugfree, and hopefully that'll be the last version. (we had to release it, because that was a really serious bug.)

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-07-25 20:37:13

Well, I haven't yet discovered whether the bug's stil in effect, due to the computer's less than ideal swimming performance, but I'm very pleased that there's the ability to reset the board to it's default setting so that even if you use the editor you can stil get the cheats and bonus level.

As to how many versions, I believe this is the fifth public release, but I'm not complaining, each has brought new improvements and reduced buggs.

2006-07-25 21:48:34

Oh, i forgot about the cheats and stuff...
If you complete the board, at least once, and get the cheats, then no matter what will you do, how you will edit the board, you will able to get them, if you win a board, created by you.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-07-26 07:57:25 (edited by arjan 2006-07-26 07:58:03)

well i believe there is thrg version 1.0, then there was 1.1 or something, or maybe i was just a patch without a version number, then 1.5, 1.6, 1.61, 1.6.1 or something and 1.62.
edit: this is just what lies in my head, and i could be wrong.

2006-07-26 10:22:55

1.61 and 1.6.1 is the same.
And, there was an 1.0.22 i think, as well.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-07-27 07:22:42

you know, i believe there was an 1.whatever.whatever number, but i couldn't remember it, with two dots, i was sure there was one.

2006-07-27 18:53:38

Oh, it was 1.0.22.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion