2006-07-21 00:36:07

Hi everyone.
I finished the Tarzan Junior demo and I enjoyed it. I would like to buy the game. Can I still get it?
Thanks for your help.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-07-21 04:15:08

I bought the game in April Game man, and there was absolutely no trouble with ordering it, and sinse there's nothing on the Pb games site to the contrary, I don't see why there should be a problem now.

the only thing with ordering Tarzan Jr, is that after you get your product Id and fill in the order form, you need to actually send the money to Pb games yourself manually with Paypal, by going to the Paypal site, selecting "Send money" and typing in the Pb games mail address, but this isn't exactly a problem either.

It's a rather good game, with a good story and variety of levels and weapons, and some exelent cut scenes, also it's very inexpensively priced too. My only minor complaint is the game feels much too short, though at higher difficulties than easy it can be one heck of a challenge.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-07-21 09:16:57

well, i do like the sound of the game, but having listened to the sounds in the file, i don't think it's my kind of game.
i would buy it in fact, only to mod it, and make myself a long game to play, with my own sounds being used.
how much is the game dark?
thx

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-07-21 17:15:36

Well Archer, it's 15 uros, or 20 dollars, but given exchange rates, it's probably cheaper to buy in dollars (I think it worked out at about 11 pounds 60 for me). What I rather like about Tarzan Jr is that theres quite a variety of levels, the use of extra weapons (something which was sadly lacking from superliam), and some rather nice cutscenes.

I don't know anything about modding or wether it'd be possible with  Tarzan Jr, but if that's your sort of thing, then go ahead.

My only problem with the game as I've said is it's length, but sinse it's a good bit cheaper than other stuff on the markit I don't suppose it matters too much.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-07-21 19:30:51

well, i am certain i could mod it, i have several mods of the demo version making such things as a th junior, as well as gangster games and other such short stories.
the only problem i would have in modding is the fact that it has cut scenes.
do you know of any program i can get where i can put together my own cut scenes?
if so, please, do tell, i've been after one for ages.
thx
arch

2006-07-22 05:38:22

Hmmm, Archer, couldn't you just use any standard sequencing programme ---- assuming you had the appropriate sound files?

Sound forge, Audacity, Gold wave, anything along those lines. Personally I do all those sorts of things on my rowland Multitracker, so please forgive me if there's some quite obvious and logical reason why this wouldn't be possible.

2006-07-22 10:17:09

well, i actually have audacity on my computer now, most of the modified sounds in my new mod have been altered by audacity.
like the "Search and destroy" robots from nonkey business now have higher and faster voices, and i pasted in a robotic step at the start to make it sound better.
unfortunately i'm still learning, does anyone know how you put together a wav sequence with audacity?
thx

2006-07-22 11:42:17 (edited by arjan 2006-07-22 11:43:21)

well, unfortunately i don't have the psound program anymore, or i could probably get some good sounds. from monkey business and the like.

2006-07-22 11:44:35

i actually use the windows sound recorder for mixing, because it's easy to do, and yes it sucks, but not for mixing