2011-08-12 16:47:04

A few days ago I recieved a email that basicly said that learning alley was losing their funding. From what I could tell, they are going to have to start charging around $70 of not more a year. I know I haven't found all of my books on learning alley. I keep on find my needed books on book share or I have to scan them. What do yall think? is it werth the price. It doesn't seem to be werth it to me. I'm not a cheep scape, but...

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-08-12 16:53:59

I got that email as well. It pissed me off for a few minutes and than i just thought well, i will get my books for this simester and then forget about them as i have book share.

2011-08-12 20:24:05

well, what can I say. they had none of the books I needed last semester. I took the books that I needed to scan to someone who was being pay by the university to do that kind of work. I guess learning alley really doesn't have anything on math or computer science. the next semester I'm going to try my hand at a kimust class or something like that. guess I want be paying for learning alley. Strange isn't it? when something is free and we think we might use it, we sign up for it, but when it starts charging....

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-08-12 20:30:34

Well, i'm doing music fundamentals this semester. I got lucky, they had my books but i really don't feel like paying them a dime. Its not my fault federal cuts were made.

2011-08-12 21:13:40

that's annoying!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-08-12 22:45:17

I might not mind paying if they could or would charge less, and they had more of the books I needed. Anyway, I have found that I haven't really used it enough to be werth the payment. I know that book share charges too, but I use bookshare alot more. I sometimes go from no book to about a hundred books a month depending on how much I really want to read.

DropBox Referral

2011-08-13 01:24:53

exactly. i'm the same. I don't mind paying, as long as i know they'll have the books I need and not that much too!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln