2011-08-06 19:16:38

I use an IPod nano, that utilizes the sapi 5 voices on your computer to read the menus and song titles.
Ever since I got a new computer that has windows 7 and 64 bit, I've been stuck with Microsoft Anna.
I HATE Microsoft Anna.
Does anyone know of any other sapi voices that will work with windows 7 64 bit?
Or even if there's a way to use eloquence?
Any help would be appreciated.

2011-08-07 02:32:17

I believe there's a known problem with Windows 7, it has removed the option to set a default voice for the system as a whole. Unfortunately some software relies on this option existing and doesn't allow you to change the voice itself. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it seems there's nothing to be done about this.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-08-07 06:02:34

I do seem to have that option in my text to speech settings. It gives me a voice selection option, unless there's another setting that's missing?

2011-08-07 14:05:09

there are other voices, but if you can't change them, that's another matter.
My windows 7 64 bit has scansoft daniel as defolt.
Hmm, that's strange.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-08-07 20:10:29

I'm pretty sure I could change it, if I had more than the one. I just need to figure out where I can get 64 bit supported voices. I have the scansoft disk, that came with a really old version of Jaws. But sadly, when I try to install it, it says it doesn't support 64 bit. Sad.