2006-07-16 19:40:44

Hi,
Today, I downloaded a program called VM Ware.
It is a Program that lets you make other Computers in your Computer.
This is usefull if you want to try out a Program on your Computer and you don't no if it is a Virus.
The only problem is that I don't have any invirements for the other Platforms of Windows that I want to try on my Computer.
Where can I get some from?
Thanks.

Elliott, the best Audio Gamer.

2006-07-17 00:49:57 (edited by cx2 2006-07-17 00:50:33)

You mean you have the "play only" version that can run environments but not create them? You likely will havwe trouble finding any windows environments since it would be classed as software piracy. People who run Windows in VMWare have the full version that costs a bundle, but you can create new machines with it then install the operating system.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-07-19 11:26:03

Hi again,
I am using VM Ware Work Station. So how do I get the Oporating Systems?

Elliott, the best Audio Gamer.

2006-07-19 19:41:41

You can't *get* the operating systems. If you have the full version you can create a new environment, then install an operating system you already have on disc as if it were a new computer with a blank hard drive. Sighted assistance may be needed. You also might find speech to be a little choppy if you set up a screen reader within the virtual machine.

And like I said people cannot distribute ready to run windows VMWare machines since it would be classed as software piracy.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.