2011-07-30 02:12:57

I have the HD radio app installed on my IPod touch. I also have the dongle thingy. So needless to say, I can listen to FM stations in my area with reciption of a walkman. The reason I took this rout of trying HD radio is sample becouse I didn't want to spend alot of money. I made a guess that if and when I ever pick up any hd stations, I might just get an idea what all the hipe is or was about. The audio from this app and radio does sound good or as good as you might think over the earphones. I do have a few questions however. First, how do I tell the app that I want to swich from the main audio stream to the second or third? Also why does the IPod touch disconnect from the radio a short while after the screen being locked? What does those unlabled buttons do?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-08-05 01:07:02

Hi CW,
That app sounds great i've just got it on my ipod. It did the screne locking thing with me too, maybee it's just that if the screnelock is on then it goes off like a computer hibonating. Sorry I couldn't be more help. sad

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-08-05 02:54:21

I would have to agree with you if it wasn't for one thing. I can listen to the tunein radio app with the screen lock. as far as I know, no computer or computer based device can play music or stream audio while hibernating. It is most likely turning off the usb port when I lock the screen wich in turn would disconnect the radio. Disconnection of the radio would of course make the HDRadio app useless for those times you wish to keep the screen locked.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-08-05 09:35:14

yeah, that's true. My music still plays for a bit when it locks but I can't do much with the app. Oh well, i'll just have to keep unlocking the screen

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln