2011-08-03 07:37:24

hi all,
at the site
http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl … md%3Divnso
sorry about the huge url, this is a song lyrics I want to convert into romaji
but when I copy the lyrics,and paste it somewhere, it doesn't matter where the whole thing becomes very weird and characters change out of nowhere
example
the first line is in my own romaji, then the messed up pasted characters is the second line
kana shisa magirasu, kono sakeo
この歌
I am running windows 7, can someone help?
the lyrics is in the flash object, the only thing on that page which is left untranslated
thanks in advance

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2011-08-04 02:46:45

OK I sent e-mail for you. Please check it.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2011-08-04 06:15:09 (edited by CAE_Jones 2011-08-04 06:16:22)

It has to do with how things are encoded. Japanese characters are usually represented in unicode. If it's getting garbled (turning into characters with accents, right?), it's because whatever you're putting it through only supports 8-bit characters.

That example you posted seems to show up fine, or at least the first three characters (kono something).

That it's in a flash object is probably the problem, though. sad

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-08-04 06:17:27

yeah see, I used notepad that's probably why
also, if that's the case then ie doesn't support it either cause when I pasted it into romaji.org it did the same thing
what programs will actually work?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2011-08-04 07:57:48

Notepad and IE should both support japanese characters in some capacity. In notepad it won't save them if you don't set the encoding to unicode, but it should tell you this if you try to save unicode characters in an ansi file.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.