2011-08-03 06:40:02

Hey all,

Any podcast drama/podiobook fans out there? My favorite dramas right now would have to be Leviathan Chronicles, We're Alive, and Second Shift. Second Shift though as of yesterday, is now complete and released it's last episode.

As for We're Alive, season 2 just ended and all I have to say is, what a shock. That kept me on the edge of my seet.

Leviathan Chronicles is pretty awesome, but what's better is the episodes they're releasing for a buck each, giving details of the backstory. The first is about Jason and the blackdoor when he killed someone in Sancuary. The second is what it was like as a Leviathan immortal during the 1930S, and they have more coming they say in the next few weeks.

Anyone know any others as good as these? darker Proects has really gone downhill and generally just sucks now, BrokenSea is... meh because I'd rather listen to original fics, so is there anything else?

Oh, and my ramble continues. I forgot to mention this. Edict Zero at edictzero.wordpress.com. If you like shows such as CSI, give this a listen. If you like scifi, give this a listen. If you don't like detective stories but you like scifi you'll love it and it's sounddtrack which you can get for free from the site.

But other than that, those are the only dramas worth following right now, and besides Leviathan Chronicles, there's nothing to follow. Second Shift is done. We're Alive is on break for a few months.

As for books, the first one I got introduced to was J.C. Hutchins 7TH Sun series, and it's still my favorite.

Next author? Scott Sigler. My favorite of his was the Infected trilogy. I say trilogy because there's Infected, contagious, and the next one is called Pandemic, due out in 2013. Long wait unfortunately.

Also, for those that haven't yet listened to We're Alive at all, if you have Audible or iTunes, I highly recommend the season 1 remastered edition which you can get from either of those places, which greatly improves on season 1's podcast version and for old fans, it's worth a second or third listen.

Anyone else have suggestions on what's hot and or good to listen to right now in this form?

2011-08-03 09:08:10

I'm not sure Darker Projects are bad quality so much as they tried too many projects at once, my best guess is they've got burned out and that's why we haven't had much in the way of releases from them. If they ever make a come back they might say it's because they've had a lot going on in their lives and this might be true, though often as not that's just how they feel and if you're passionate enough about something you'll usually find time. Deaths, births and the like not withstanding.

Truth be told I've given up with Sigler. Infected wasn't really my thing, the Crypt had potential but I just really can't be bothered in general lately. I tried listening to the audio version of seventh son but the voice just put me to sleep irrespective of the story, not so much boring as just... I don't know, the kind of qualities that make you want to drift off.

Of course the Gearheart was pretty decent but that's finished now as well.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.