2011-07-18 20:32:45

Hello everybody. I'm getting started with creating a forum of my own, and I was successfull! I'm encouraging some of yall who are interested to join me and my forum. I hope that some of you can consider going to it. I'm new, and if you have any suggestions, PM me on this forum. My forum can be found at my website. http://edgar.ueuo.com
I should have a link to my forum shortly. But a direct link to my forum would be http://edgar.ueuo.com/forum.
Thank you all who join me and I'll see yall there!

2011-07-19 08:41:42

Hi Caigoku,
I like this forum it's quite interesting. I'll send you a privet message with a few little sergestions but you don't have to put any of them on the forum, I just think it may need a few more sections.
Best regards,

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-07-19 13:25:33

hi,
I want to know, in which provider you created your website? and it is free? don't think you strictly answer this post, but I want to know these tipes of things!

This is not a signature.

2011-07-19 14:28:39

Thanks Lauren for joining my forum. And to answer your question Druv, I used the same service that audiogames forum is made of. That's PunBB. You should consider joining as well Druv.
Thank you.

2011-07-19 21:05:12 (edited by lauren.downie96 2011-07-20 08:48:43)

Hi,
dhruv, I would reccomend you going on this new forrum it's quite awsome.
Caigoku, I sent you a pm giving some suggestions. smile And also, I would like to be put in to a higher group. I can't send a pm because I don't know weather to click preview or save as draft.
Best regards,

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-07-20 14:46:06 (edited by burak 2011-07-20 15:04:03)

Hi,
How can you create a forum with PunBB? Is it free? I want to create a forum too. Also is there a possibility to create a forum  with multaple languages? By the way, I have registered to your forum, it is quite cool.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-07-20 15:40:04 (edited by dhruv 2011-07-20 15:41:47)

burak wrote:

How can you create a forum with PunBB?

hey,
you first download the sourse code. on the botom on any page, there is a link called punBB. go their, and download the ssourse code. upload it all, and run index.php. follow the instruction's, and your thuhn!
and, it is free.
and, I don't think it is possible to create multipul language forum.
and kaigoku, I know how to create a forum, but I don't know how you created your website. how you created your main website? is it free?

This is not a signature.

2011-07-20 15:56:03 (edited by burak 2011-07-20 15:57:42)

Hi,
It is very confusing. I have read the read me file and I couldn't understand almost anything. Can you explain step by step or with an audio tutoriol? If I need to set up a website before making the forum, how can I do that? Sorry for the questions but there will be much of them probably. Also which program do I need to open the file index.php with?

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-07-20 16:27:05

ok...
I ask you some question
is you have internet explorer?
is you created a website?
is you go to punBB's site and downloaded the ssourse code?
answer my question, and the step by step guide will be much easyer for me and you.

This is not a signature.

2011-07-20 16:41:01

Hi,
I have internet explorer.
I have downloaded the source code.
I don't have a website.

2011-07-20 17:45:46

burak wrote:

I don't have a website

so create one today

This is not a signature.

2011-07-20 18:52:45

hi,
I am very sorry, you run install.php in admin derectory, not index.php.

This is not a signature.

2011-07-20 20:28:48

Thank you all who joined this forum of mine. To answer your question Druvv, I created my website from scratch. I edited the HTML, added some JAVASCRIPT, and even made an RSS feed for my Podcast. I'm glad you like my forum, and I'll see you there. Remember, I created a forum for suggestions to my website. On my main home page, you can check the weather to your area, check for music of the day, watch some of my favorite shows, and just have fun. In order to install PunBB on your website, you have to go to the url of your website, and add a directory for your punbb folder. Then, install it onto your server by running the install.php file under the admin folder. Then, provide writable rights to the folder titled admin. Anyway, you have to have a website in order for you to do this.

2011-08-02 00:31:15

your forum is brilliant, you made it so fast smile