2006-07-12 03:11:35

Hay gamers. What's wrong with the BPCPrograms website? I type www.bpcprograms.com and It comes up with adds and stupid stuff. I don't mean to be negative hear. I'm verry concerned about Munawar because you don't see anything about there games. I was going to order Treasure Hunt but now I can't. And this makes me upset.
Does anybody have a clue as to what's going on?
John

2006-07-12 03:30:57

It's not ads, is this webmail thing. Have no idea.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-07-12 06:53:13

I seem to remember reading a post a while back to the effect that Munawar had decided to stop game development because of all the flame wars that went on on this forum. First it had to do with Alchemy, then it was Orio Games (who actually turned out in the end to have a good reason for not releasing Tournament of the Nine Kings). There may have been others as well, but those are the two I know of. I think he just had no patience with any of it. We know he doesn't come on the forum anymore and his web site appears to be down.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-07-12 07:36:21

I don't understand how the se guys can just disappear when they actualy charged money for their products.  What about support?  Future customers?

James

2006-07-12 14:04:59

Hi,
If the site is down forever, what should i do with an unregistered version of Treasure Hunt?
I am not sure, but is Treasure Hunt one of these games, which need you to request a new registration key, if you want to change your operating system or use it on an other Computer? What happens to all registered customers of this game?
Bye,
Lord_Raven

2006-07-13 05:58:04

We have to be clear on this, any developer has the right to stop development at any time. As a result they may or may not decide to continue providing support and sales for their existing products. There's nothing to be done.

And before anyone suggests it, no this does not mean you can crack or distribute the software for them unless you get clear permission from the developer.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-07-13 07:02:23

i could still access the bpc site a month ago or something...

2006-07-13 18:05:23

I haven't been able to in months, and believe me I've tried.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!