2006-07-03 05:46:47

Greetings,

I am one of the players of the game Fallthru created by Paul H Deal.  Am like most people are still trying to find/locate, Paul on his game.

In trying to find such information I came across many Audyssey articles that talked about the game and have also find out that he has created a book based on the game.

The book is titled "Fallthru:  The Mentat Warrior".  The site at Rbookshop.com has this about the authour:

'Paul H. Deal lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where he writes, hikes, and tutors elementary age children. He has written eight novels and many short stories. His stories explore western, science fiction, fantasy, historical and social themes.'

So by the sounds of it, he has moved on and has become a role model for children.  The game did come first, so it was most deffently a work in which he gave a lot of time to.  Either in game, writen or mental thought.  I am currently looking into getting a copy of the book, however because of where I am, I might not be able to get this book :-(

Anyway, Im not sure if anyone here is still interested in finding out more about this game but thought I would pass on the information anyway.

Regards to all
shaZam

2006-07-03 11:05:14

What game is this? I've never come across it before.

I'd guess from your post that it's an online brouser based game of some sort (I thought I'd tried out almost all of those, but I was obviously mistaken).

Could you please post a link so that clueless individuals like myself can try this game out.

If it's not a brouser based game, some more info might be nice.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-07-03 13:22:31

Fallthru is a text bassed game created in 1988 by Paul Deal.  The game has been reviewed by Michael Feir as well.

The game itself has had many people liking the game for easy of commands, to simplistic graphics (text mode graphics only - none really).  The game itself is a very vast place set in Faland, in which you are trying to find your way "home".  Along the way you must find ways to get home.

I have never bet the game and yet am still addicted to it.  I get a craving for it and well to be honest I would love to be able to contact the authour to either see if there is a better verison or registering the game.

For more information or to download the game, take a visit to:
http://www.classicgaming.com/ascii/down … lthru.html