2006-06-11 20:32:04

hi,
i just went to draconis entertainment site and they seem to be developing a pack which is a pinball party pack. the pack features three new tables, the revenge of shock-ra, where you have to avoid the sister of the spark brothers, old man stanley's house, where you have to cause as many chaos as possible to get points, which does sound very interesting - i believe you could dial phone numbers, blow up the toilet or something like that, and extreme wild west, which has very much the same sounds as wild west table in pbc, but various enhancements; you can ride trains and get Dynamite and blow up the town. why not check out the draconis entertainment website for a very cool audio trailer?

2006-06-14 07:08:25

yesterday it had actually been released. i downloaded it for good measure to look at the documentation and such, and it does sound pretty nice (especially old man Stanley's house).

2006-06-14 09:06:44

Hmmm, if Draconis are going to create upgrades like this, It'd probably be worth my while to try these pin ball games out, the audio trailors seem a bit weerd though, it'd be great if somebody did a review (hint hint).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-06-15 04:28:59

I have the tables. Dynaman and the house are both really fun; dynaman is pretty similar to pinball xtreme (table) in that there is one central goal and after it's accomplished the table ends.  It's not as frustrating as pbx though.  Stanley's house is full of satisfying destruction; it's the most fun to play in my opinion.  I do like those tables which don't have a real specific goal but rather a bunch of things you can do which can earn or lose points; it seems like the original six tables focused more on accomplishing some goal or other rather than wracking up points doing misc things.  Stanley's house is a great improvement.  Xtreme wild west is the worst by far.  The events aren't timed right so you can still be entering the saloon while getting into a brawl and soon after lose despite not havingheard the first punch.  The jail is also terribly easy to hit and there is little new stuf.  It's esentially a buggier, sometimes slower version of the original Wild West table.

James

2006-06-15 07:12:54

i believe there used to be a review of pinball classic on main menu ages ago, i believe it's still there in the on demand page. scanning works much like the pbc, but with a difference as there are now multiple flippers and in the pbx table there is only one flipper but doesn't allow you to start scanning from the left or right.

2006-06-20 22:35:38

Well, I'm sorry to say I didn't think a lot of the review ----- a singular lack of explanation combined with mono sound didn't exactly show me a lot about the game.

On the other hand though, I just tried the thing out and now I'm hooked! hooked enough to buy Esp pinball Xtreme, and the party pack (though I'm stil waiting for the registration code for that one).

I love the amount of things you can doo on these tables, much like my favourite pinball game ever, Sonic spinball on the Sega Mega drive (also my favourite sonic game), plenty of places to go and things to do, with promise of more expantion packs for not many pennies, that's rather cool. I wonder what other tables they'll come up with in the future? i could certainly go for a fantasy themed one (dragones etc), or a starwars themed one?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-06-21 01:19:39

Hi
I think they are going to make a PinBall Creater in the future.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-06-21 01:50:19

hi,
can you use the same key for pinball party pack that you used for PBX?
dd

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2006-06-21 03:23:16

Hi.
I don't think so. You have to buy a new product key. The Party Pack costs about 1495.
I hope this helps.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-06-21 07:21:19

Having just bought the thing last night, I can confirm that no, you certainly do have to perchice a new product key for Pinball party pack, as Game man said, it costs around 15 dollars (or 8 pounds for me).

I'd like to see some people create tables, but to get real complexity I think you'd have to be quite a programmer and very good with using the wav files for the various things on the table.

2006-06-21 15:20:31

they are not wave files at all, i think they are .pbx files when you go into the tables folder there's something like ai.pbx, tg.pbx, hr.pbx which is two letters for ai is the alien onvasion, hr is probably hoemrun and tg is topgun. they can be listened to with pSound but goldwave can also do it i believe. audacity can, if you change the speed.

2006-06-28 02:56:40

I baught the party pack and I like the Old Man Standly's house. And I like Dynaman. But the thing that frusterates me is I can't seem to defeat Shockra. I'm coiled up, and charged up and I try to aim for the spell switches. I will be lucky if I can get the letter S. Although as of last night, I managed to get the C. But after that, it was curtains for me. I just can't seemed to hit that letter K. Can someone please help? What should I do? I want to hear Shockra cryout in pain or what ever it sounds like when she gets destroyed.
John