2006-05-26 22:39:46

Hi.

I'm not whatsoever a fan of watching football ----- that's Socker by the way, but i have a few friends who like football games, but don't enjy the sport. So, sinse I like Galaxy Ranger, X hour and Lords of the Galaxy I thought I'd try Vip Gameszone's footballl game.

Unfortunately, the university network is playing silly buggers and I'm not able to download anything bigger than about 50 K at the moment ----- which is annoying sinse I lost Lords of the Galaxy in an accident with system restor.

Anyway, hopefully the problem should be fxed soon, and when it is, I want to know, is Super Football worth playing as a game?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-05-27 06:30:52

first off, I'm not a big VIPgameszone guy.  Most of that is because their documentation is really confusing to me.

That said, I thought it was kinda fun to download the 3-day demo aned play with it because you get all the features of the whole game unlike some other demos that both limit how long the game will run and also take features out.  I thought Super Football was confusing, but maybe that's just me.  You have to press certain buttons to pass the ball to your different players on the field since your players don't move around.  It reminds me more of foosball.

If you know someone who has it I would go ahead and try the game out since you can play people over the Internet with the demo, though it only works for 3 days.  I played a game against someone over the Internet and got creamed! LOL

2006-05-27 07:25:03

you'll probably have to ask for a new code then; i got this problem with super tennis too - my laptop had crashed, and when it had been repaired i launched super tennis, and i thought what the heck? available in the registered version only? i tried to register it, and it says this one is already in use, and i tried to unregister and it says your copy is not registered. i guess that'll probably happen to you too, not sure though. super football is reeeally hard for me, you need to hit the ball in the exact! center of the screen, just about as exact as in the shoot-the-bird bonus round in light cars smile

2006-05-30 01:51:53

Arjan, perhaps you should contact Vip games zone about Super Tenis. I posted to Igor from Vip bgameszone on the mailing list about losing Lords of the Galaxy, and he was great! He just said to tell him when I next downloaded a set up file and he'd fix it so that I could re-register, I managed to retrieve Lords, but stil, it was nice to know I wouldn't have to pay another twenty quid.

Btw, that sounds hard! but I do like a game that requires some patience.

Reguarding the Vip games zone documentation, I think part of the problem is that their games are rather complex, I've certainly had to reread their documentation a few times to check details, i stil think it's a well put together job though ----- particularly if english isn't their first language.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-06-01 20:43:48

Well, I've finally got the I.T. people to fix my connection, and so I've tried out Super football. The games okayand I do admit the manual is rather confusing, but once I worked out the principles I'm now finding the game incredibley easy. I've just beaten the computer 19 to 10, on the hard level. I'm certainly glad I've tried the game, but unless the internet play is more gripping I don't know if I'll be buying it.

2006-06-02 21:13:53

THe game is definitely on the easy side once you have it down.  I never understood which side of the field each player was on in the online game; it's been a while since I've played it, but in order to be really good at it I would have to know which side of the field I was on so I know which player corresponds to which on the other side.  In the manual it said each player is "my Globe" or whatever the team was called and their oponent was "interclub," which doesn't make sense since again, you don't know which one is where on the field.

James

2006-06-02 22:02:38

The manual is slightly confusing as far as the actual placement goes, but to be honest, most of the time it doesn't seem to matter very much.

for most of the players, I found unless you obey the pass sound, you seem to lose the ball. So if My globe 1 has the ball, you could pass left to Mg3, or a long pass forward to ---- mmmm --- I believe it's Mg6, but if the game tells you to pass left and you kick the ball forward instead, even if your on tagit and what not, you stil seem to lose it.

the only exception I've found to this rule is players 6 and 7, where you can always make a long shot at goal, whatever the game's telling you to do.

the only bit where left and right really seems to matter is with the two forward players, mg 8 and mg10,0, but all you have to remember is to make a long pass right with 8 and left with 10 to get the goal. I don't think anything changes in the online game though, sinse from your point of view, your always playing as the My globe teem, so all the directions are the same (I suppose the theory is the opposition have reversed numbers on opposite sides, so their point of view is the same as yours).

Oh yeah, that's another thing ---- how is it that the computer is able to have their goal keeper lose the ball, and it not go in the goal?

It's not a bad game, but i deffinately prefer Vip gameszone's other stuff.