2006-05-23 20:35:58

THIS MOD CAN ACTUALLY BE DOWNLOADED, THE STAR WARS MOD EVERYONE'S ON ABOUT.
OR MAYBE NOT, SINCE I JUST WENT TO THE PAGE (HTTP://TBRN.NET/MODGIRL) AND IT COMES UP WITH A PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED ERROR.
PERHAPS IT'LL BE UP AGAIN SHORTLY.
REGUARDS,
AARON

2006-05-24 01:28:14

Just be aware that the levels will probably be no more accessible than the ones in the original Quake, that is pretty poor. Might be interesting though if you can use the audio quake maps for deathmatch.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-05-24 02:56:51

hi AARON,
how did you find out about the mod?
dd

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2006-05-24 03:41:46

Be careful, there are a lot of Q2, 3 and 4 mods out there too. I also don't know how to set up the mods with the AudioQuake style set up, let me know how it goes if you've managed it and how to do it.

There's a list of Q1 mods at PlanetQuake, the link goes directly to the Q1 section. Couldn't see a star wars one there, but there might be something of interest.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-05-24 16:14:54

this mod i am talking about is the deathmatch mod you've been playing.  i dont know if i have the correct address.. i will ask farhon if he could do something aboput it. it does not work (the address) for me.

2006-05-25 01:15:09

If anyone has managed to get a mod working with audio quake I'd like to hear how it went, I don't know how to get them to work. I used to be able to run them in the dos quake easily, but I had my sight at the time and now don't.

cx2
-----

2006-05-25 02:22:34

hello,
I tryed this address and it worked
here it is
HTTP://tbrn.net/modgirl
dd

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2006-05-25 16:24:29

i love the star wars mod.
i just attacked several bots with a lightsaber and blasted them all in like 4 hits (i say  blasted, i know) and it was rather funny -- bot after bot was killed. death messages everyware.  you must hear it to believe it!

2006-05-26 22:35:48

how do you set up mods. There in a zip file, and I don't know where to extrack them to. Can someone help?

2006-05-27 01:45:07

Could you please be more mindful of your capslock and weather it is turned on or off?  Besides breaking web addresses people will think you're shouting all the time.  Plus it's not very professional for someone who is apparently a documentation writer.

James

2006-05-27 07:28:25

i don't think hal says anything when you write stuff in caps. the only way to check is to try to turn the capslock off and on again, or on and off, just make sure it's off. jaws does emit a high-pitched voice when i do it, though it can be disabled.

2006-05-27 07:50:35

I know in the old Dos quake you could run a mod by placing it in a directory within the quake directory, then using the directory name as a command line parameter... but I have no idea with the newer, reworked windows engines for Quake. I know a lot of mainstream games use a list to select from these days, and I think this would work well for audio quake if it could be implemented.

cx2
-----

2006-05-28 18:57:38

sorry about the caps. i dunno if there's a way to make it say "caps" before a letter.