2011-05-22 08:04:42

Hi.
Ok this just started happening recently. When ever a minute passes, jaws will anounce the new time. For example it will say 11:55 p m and the next minute it will say 11:56 p.m. I've tried to change the screen echo to only read highlighted text, but it seems to read the time every 1 or 2 minutes. How can i fix this? THanks

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2011-05-22 09:25:14

Hi,
Hmmm...I take it you tried just restarting your computer, unloading/reloading etc? I must confess that is an odd one; I've never gotten anything like that to happen to me.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-22 13:39:47

Sounds like it's reading the clock in the desktop. You can hide this with the display settings in the control panel, though not being a jaws user I'm afraid I've no idea how to stp jaws announcing it from within the program.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-05-22 17:06:36

yes i restarted jaws and my computer, and everything seems to be working fine now.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven