2011-05-12 17:38:44 (edited by bryant 2011-05-12 17:44:20)

Hello all.
When i use dropbox and go to copy public link, i don't even see an option under the applications menu to copy public link. I don't know why this is happening because it worked before, and then a couple of months ago it stopped working. ANd i don't even see a dropbox sub menu. I'm 100 percent certain i'm doing everything right. I'm pasting files into the public folder, waiting for them to upload and then looking for copy public link, but i don'tt see it but it doesn't
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2011-05-12 17:46:54

Hi,
Are you running dropbox program? Maybe your account is disabled.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-05-12 18:48:32

Hi,
So, you're saying that the file is in the public folder, you are pointing at the file, you are going to the context menu, and there's no dropbox submenu?

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-12 21:38:55 (edited by bryant 2011-05-12 21:40:17)

yes. That's right. I've tryed uninstalling and reinstalling the dropbox program, but no luck.
the only way for someone to get my files is for them to go directly to the website and get them.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2011-05-13 00:25:56

try clicking on the dropbox icon in your start menu, maybe for some reason windows disabled auto-startup.
So if you do this, you can be sure the     process, dropbox.exe is running,
check in task manager!
hth

2011-05-13 07:02:45

I just tried that, still no luck.

2011-05-13 09:13:49

I don't know ,
Maybe your account is disabled tempererely. Wait 3-4 days and try again.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-05-13 17:23:56

Like i said, it's been several months sense it hasn't worked

2011-05-13 17:55:30

Hi,
Did you check your system tray? If you see the dropbox icon it's working. I'd try uploading something while you do that.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-13 18:05:24

Hmm. I think reformat your pc or reinstall dropbox again.

2011-05-14 03:22:55

Yes dropbox seems to be running, but i will try to upload something and see if it works.

2011-05-14 16:02:35

Hi,
Good; that is an odd thing, I have to tell you. I've never had that happen to me before.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-14 17:41:57

hayden,

i've encountered such problems before, but only to know that dropbox application is not running,
and after clicking on the dropbox icon on the desktop, and re loading the folder, it seems to work.

well bryant, any luck?

if not, have you tried contacting the support?

mixed regards,
sid.

lol.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2011-05-15 00:12:40

That will probably be my next step if i haven't gotten it fixed soon