2011-05-12 14:52:38

Hi All,
I posted this elsewhere, but it was tucked away so I thought i'd bring it up. I really don't understand why out of all the games otu there, we decided to put the name of this one in brackets. I personally don't understand why we're doing that; all it does is cause your screen reader to chatter more at you. Do you think you could reove wow and gold from whatever filter you're using?

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-12 21:15:14

Certain words often used by spammers are put in brackets to break their links, in the hope that they'll stop trying. World of Warcraft spam is people selling in-game gold and other such services, such as paying someone to level your character or buying ready made characters.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-05-13 02:59:12

Hi,
Well, I can safely say that I've never seen any such spammers. It might just be me but those brackets get really annoying.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-13 12:08:15

You might not have but lots of other people have. We keep this forum fairly clean around here, someone in another topic mentioned their own forum on pro boards has been inundated with them though. They're as bad as vi-agra sellers.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-05-13 13:56:45

Hi,
I got that, I just think that wow and gold are words that are too common for brackets...after all, you did make microwave a word instead of putting "spam", and that's a bit less used.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-13 15:24:25

Well a lot of these were in a long time ago, before me or Dark had access to the censorship list. I very much see your point though.

wow just testing a method for getting around this without changing the censorship filter, just out of curiosity.

Laugh it worked. I set the "O" in W-O-W to bold and the BB code in the middle of the word stopped the filter catching it.

cx2
-----

2011-05-13 17:11:54

Hi,
Lol...talk about an easy sensership folter to catch.

Best Regards,
Hayden