2011-05-08 07:19:29

Hi,
Here I want to ask a quick question.

I've large collection  of files in my hard drive,
aproximately around 10-15 GB.

I've stored all the stuff in the E drive,
however, if in case my computer corrupts, or there's something wrong, there are less chances of it being preserved.

so, is there any good online file storage service that is easy to use, customizable, and efficient?

regards,

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2011-05-08 11:23:50

What kind of features are you looking for, exactly?  Sharing capabilities, for example?   Or a large amount of storage space?  And what would be your budget?

Best Regards,
Tiffany
My ultimate gaming goal in life is to find or develop an accessible version of the Oregon Trail.  Man, that game is awesome!

2011-05-08 19:48:21

Hi,
SkyDrive has a 25gb space , upload files into it if you don't have files bigger than 50mb. But you can upload them to sendspace too. It has unlimited space.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-05-10 14:31:20

Hi,
I might also reccomend Dropbox. For a reasonable amount you get 50 GB and everything is right there at your finger tips.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-10 15:40:15

Hi,
Thanks to all for your suggestions.
But, i can't still decide which service to use.

@BrailleBookworm: I don't have any budget, I'm looking forward to back up large files.

@Burak: Well, I've probably larger files than 50 MB, and another question, would sendspace be useful?

@Hayden: Dropbox? My goal is to backup or save my collection online, and not to share all with dropbox.

And 50 GB? Is it the space only for uploading?

the initial space is around 1.2 GB, I think.

on the other hand, if you are talking about paying for dropbox space, then that's a different thing of yours.

regards,
sid.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2011-05-10 15:54:01

Hi,
You don't quite understand Dropbox, I don't think. The "dropbox" itself is simple an amount of space to store files. The only possible way you could share files it to put them in your public folder then send someone a link, or put it in a shared folder and invite someone to it. Otherwise no one can gain access to them. Dropbox does start out with 2 gb of space, and have payment plans for 50 and a hundred GB, as well as some other useful but unneccesary options.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-10 16:15:00

Hi,
Sendspace has unlimitedspace. So upload files. It is usfal. Create your account download sendspace vizard and start backing up.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-05-10 17:43:35

Hi,
Perhaps you should, ah, explain how that even works? I registered an account who knows when and have had absolutely no luck uploading anything.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-10 17:44:46

Hi,
Sorry for the double post, but also, doesn't the file expire after a couple of weeks?

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-11 06:10:49

Hello.
How to upload files to sendspace is quite simple. You can do it either on the web itself or by downloading their wizard.
When you login to your account,there will be a link upload. it is self explanatory I think.
uploading with the wizard.
All you have to do is download the wizard,and the interface is quite eazy to understand. if you can't understand what to do,do let us know.and we will try to help. you might also want to  read the faqs on their site.
HTH,grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2011-05-11 10:39:39

Hi,
Sorry Hayden , yeah file expires after thirty days .

2011-05-11 13:56:18

Hi,
Uh...in that case Sendpsace would be the worst thing to use in backing up. That's one reason I don't have much interest: of course you get unlimited space, but that's because your files eventually expire. Sheesh!

Best Regards,
Hayden