2006-03-12 23:34:06

hey all,

lighttech interactive is please to announce the new light game "light locator" is out now!

in Light locator you play as detective henry johnson as he trys to save a whole city by deactivating the mega radioactive bomb a group of terrorists has
planted in it's main sky scraper!.
features include:
List of 5 items

2006-03-13 00:34:34

hi,

i wanted to know that are you wanting any beter testers? if so, i will be more than happy to do the job.
thanks
chaman

2006-03-13 13:25:25

hello chaman,

I'm sorry to say we do not need beta testors currently - our beta team is full
regards

2006-03-13 17:37:31

and when youa re a beta tester you must look for bugs -- not just play the game like mad.
you will need to find runtimes errors, problems with the game, etc etc etc.
and i will also join when i get the chance, i want to be a beta tester, but bpc's policy was just too strict to follow -- so maybe i am better off being terminated from there. (not to be rude)

2006-03-19 20:50:19

Hello,
This is lighttech interactive.
We're happy to announce that we have released a trailer for light battles, our upcoming light game, where you can enter into a lightsaber battle against siths, and much more.
The game probably will have a multiplayer feature, this means you will be able to fight against your friends over the internet!
But, before you can grab your lightsabre, take a look at
http://www.lighttechinteractive.com
download the trailer, and enjoy!

Best regards,
Yakir Arbib, Parham Doostdar, and Robert Osztolykan

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-03-19 22:14:00

Hi.
When do you think Light Battle is going to be released?
Game Man

Game Man

2006-03-20 00:35:07

Wow! there's a game I'm looking forward to! Particularly as a bit of a starwars fan, i'm also pleased because if Usa games ever get around to releasing their starwars title I won't be able to play it due to my computer doing evil things every time I try to install net framework.

I notice the game is based around Revenge of the syth, maybe you could considder doing mods for some of the other starwars battles? ----- It'd be great to fight his Vadership himself and of course, Palpatine.

I know for practical purposes it's extremely hard to actually set release dates on these things, but some indication on a projected release would be really nice ----- are we talking about months or weeks here, for example.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-03-20 03:46:17

Yes, a nother light game!

2006-03-20 08:11:42

Hello,
Actually i can't set release dates, but if everything goes well, then teh game will released maximum 2 months later.

Best regards,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-04-30 12:28:53

Hello,
This is Lighttech again.
Due to several requests, we've released another update for light locator. The update fixes a bug in the coordinate system.
You can get it at
www.lighttechinteractive.com
When Lighttech born, we didn't think that you'll really enjoy our games, but now, after i red about a thousand e-mail messages, and when i look at our download counter (more than 300 downloads), i can see the truth.
That of course, won't make us selfish, but all i can say is thanks folks, you keep us alive!

Yakir Arbib, Robert Osztolykan and Parham Doostdar

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-05-01 08:42:48

to be honest I'd never really noticed a bug with the coordinates, but I'll take a look at the updates.

As I think I've stated somewhere else, Light tec is my favourite Accessible games developing group at the moment (with Gma games rather close behind), the games are great fun, and extremely well made, and they keep getting better!

I must confess, when I saw number guess last year I did think "That's rather pointless, why the heck did they do that?" but with each successive release I've changed my mind.

Btw, it's really great that the light games are free, and obviously I'd like this to continue (though if you did start charging for games I'd probably buy them anyway).

Have you ever considdered having a "donate" page on the site where people could freely give money using paypal? I'd imagine that hosting all those games does cost you, and it'd be a real shame if Light tec vanished due to financial trouble. I'd certainly be willing to donate a few quid, and from what you say about others responses, I'm sure other people would as well.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-05-01 14:36:02

Hi
We included another usefull feature on our pages, a newsletter.
You can subscribe, and you will receive the news immediatelly, so you can keep up to date.
Visit our homepage
http://www.lighttechinteractive.com
and subscribe now!

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-05-08 01:14:08

yay!
another starwars game!
I was wondering when SWJS
will come out
I can't wait to play light battles!
dd

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2006-05-08 08:24:32

Hello,
Light battles is almost completed, just we've to implement the multi-player, and clean it up a bit. Then, we've to write a manual and a story line. And finally, and installer, upload, then it's done.
I'm actually thinking about a story line, because the game is stupid like that, 3 siths, and thats all.
So, if you have good ideas regarding the story line, please post them.
Thanks,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-05-09 17:49:03

Good to hear Light Battles is coming along. Here's my idea of a storyline. Rather than a Revenge of the Sith storyline like what Jedi Strike was going to be (he changed it to a post Return of the Jedi thing), you could set the game after the fall of the Empire. Luke Skywalker has established his Jedi academy on Yavin IV, but one of his students has delved into the dark side and seduced two others into following the code of the Sith. Luke Skywalker sent you, Kip Durron, to find and stop the Sith before they could put their plans into action.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-05-09 18:24:41

Good Idea Bryan, at least better that i thought, so i think we'll use it, since it is the only, and the best so far.
About the music, the game now uses musics from different episodes, like the final battle's on hard difficulty level is from revenge of the sith, themulti-player's one will be from the phantom menace, and so on. I don't think so it is a good idea, because if someone a real star wars fan, then he/she can say: "oh yeah, realistic star wars game, except for the music." The problem with the music is that those are the perfect ones for battles. I am just wondering...

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-05-10 01:30:21

It sure wouldn't be Star Wars without Star Wars music, so I'd say go ahead. Of course I'm not a member of Lucas Arts or affiliated with them in any way, but I still think without Star Wars music it just wouldn't be right. I agree about te themes you've chosen. For Light Saber, Jedi VS. Sith battles those are the best ones. Now if you were talking about space battles you might want one of the tunes from the original trilogy, like the one that played when the Milennium Falcon was escaping from the first Death Star. As it is though I think you've got a good selection going.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-05-10 05:55:02

That will be interesting and fun to play.

Will there be a way to post Light Cars scores online?  The way the local top 10 and the statistics work is exactly like troop 2.  I think it'd be cool to be able to see other players' stats online too, but maybe that would be kind of hard to implement.

I think the stats should be different based on which mode you played.  It seems kinda pointless to say that you died as a result of a crash and that you gained extra lives or shot a certain number of cars in tetris mode, because those things aren't available.  It should just show your score, the level you made it to, how many cars you avoided, and if your score got you a place in the local top 10.

So is the Tetris mode just the old tetris game with a toy car theme?  Seems like the original Tetris game was a bit more complex because you had to make lines with blocks aranged into different shapes.

I love how Light Cars is supposed to be a game like in an arcade.  When you're at the game menu, just listen for a second.  Anyone else figure out what game you can hear?  It sure brings back memories...

2006-05-10 09:30:10

Yeah, that was our aim, with the main menu's background.
About the score system, we'll add it to every light game, except for num crunch and light battles.
We're currently searching for a good score server, and writing a dll, which will allow to post scores online, and view scores from the game as well as from a webpage.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-05-10 16:19:35

get the danz games score server. it's shareware but you only ned to pay once. it allows posting oinline, viewing stats... and more
you can find it at the danzgames websight, and if you forgot it is:
http://www.danzgames.com

2006-05-10 17:28:25

Well, it is another good score server, but we trying to build our own, and it will may take time.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-05-11 16:45:10

will we be able to listen to the music in a format (ogg, mp3 etc)?

2006-05-11 17:31:12

No zhtfreak, Tetris in this case is actually the name of a console. I don't know the name of the actual game on which Light Cars is based, but the console was called Tetris, so no this isn't a Tetris game with a toy car theme...well it is, but not the way you were thinking. That's the way I got it from reading the manual. Tetris is the console in this case, not the game. Correct me if I'm wrong Robjoy, but that's what I got. It must also not be a console available in all countries since I've never heard of it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. The Japanese in particular are pretty stingy about keeping the best games for themselves. The original Final Fantasy II and III for NES are excellent examples, even if FF2 is available in several collections. FF3 has yet to see the light of day on US shores. And while there is a SNES game that bears the title of Final Fantasy III in the US, it's not the actual third game in the series, it's the sixth. But anyway I'm getting seriously off topic so I'll shut up.

2006-05-11 19:26:03

Yes, tetris means the console, and not the game on the tetris console, where you have to move figures, solving puzzles, etc.
Both are called tetris, but in the manual its written like "the old tetris console-style...".
Aaron, no, the musics won't be available.
Best regards,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-05-11 23:09:37

Wow, very interesting Bryan.  As far as I know, the's no mention of that console on good old GameFAQs, and I thought they had at least a little info about every game in the book.  And yeah, I knew about the U.S. version of FF3 actually being FF6 (awesome game!), and that FF2 is actually number 4.  Number 5 also got here on the PSX via FF anthology which I haven't played, but I have the soundtrack.

LOL now it's my turn to get way off topic.
Brian