2006-03-18 18:09:11

hello folks i just registered to the drive forem and i can only manage a score of 19 thousand. how do you drive experts get over 30 thousand in 3 minutes? that seams darn impossible:)) help or tips please:) PS, i know of the existing easter egg but is there still another one I don't know of?

joseph weakland, the crazy party fan:P

2006-04-02 11:48:15

you have to be extremely quick at picking up those boosters. i haven't played drive in ages but my highest score was 55400.

2006-04-02 18:12:06

if you are going at a high rate of speed how can you get boosters wihout missing them? is there a special trick? or do you have to break quick and press left arrow when you hear a booster. also it would be cool if you can press a hotkey and you'd hear how many boosters you have collected so you know how many to go before maxing at 3

joseph weakland, the crazy party fan:P

2006-04-28 04:55:42

Hi, here's how you try to pick up boosters at a high speed in Drive.  I never use the break during the game because I have good enough reflexes, and I am a musician.  Anyway, when a booster comes, you hear a low-pitch pulsing noise fade in and get louder and louder.  When you are right at the booster, you hear a really fast beep-beep-beep-beep, ETC until you pass it.  Then you hear the slow pulses fade out.  When you are fairly slow, you can hit the left arrow when you hear the fast beeps.  When you are going very very fast, you have to hit the left arrow ever so slightly before the fast beeps begin.   In other words, when the slow pulses reach their maximum volume, then push the left arrow key; don't wait for the fast beeps.  This trick works because the left arrow keystroke is delayed slightly from the time you press the key.  When you hit the left arrow slightly before the beeps start, the computer waits a little, plays a couple beeps, and then sends the keystroke to the program.  If you are good enough, and you know when the pulses reach the max loudness, at slower speeds, this little trick can shave off milliseconds when accellerating so you can get a little further on the track.  Remember, you don't really have to wait for the fast beeps; as soon as the slow pulses reach their maximum volume, then hit the left arrow key.  I actually do that trick on the slowest speed all the time, and it works for me.  Hope this helps.
J.J.

2006-05-04 11:44:42

well my maximum score was 55400 and on the score board you got more points. i wonder how, perhaps it's just the computer timing. i'm using the same trick.

2006-05-08 04:25:59

What'm I missing? I downloaded the new score.dxr file, put it in c:\drive\movies (replacing the old one), and scores aren't being posted. At least, I've gotten higher scores than the lowest high scores on here, but I don't see them. This system is Windows XP Pro with a wireless network connection (behind a DSL router).

2006-05-11 06:51:48

ok so this is happening to many people, including me... weird, i had a windows xp before and could post my score alright without the patch.

2006-05-11 08:27:35

I think it has to do with the windows firewall settings. Windows XP prevents a program from getting access to the internet. You should give drive.exe permission to connect to the internet by athorising drive in the control panel windows firewall settings.