2006-05-04 18:26:32

i still get that error. i dont know if it's different or not. the message, that is.
you could just make an installer or a self-extracting (use winrar for that) archive.
talking of the error, when i choose extract files it comes up with winrar instead of that extraction wizard. hmm.

2006-05-04 18:36:19

Hey,
i get also this error, with the old one, and with the new one as well.
I think there should be a problem with the upload, or maybe the server providers manipulate the zip file.
But..., the problem is always the same, crc 32 error.
It happens with all of the zip files, except for the medieval battle.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-05-05 10:28:08

I've finally gotten around to trying this out, and I confess I'm also having problems. I'm told that two files (one of which was the Dueling Swords Exe file), are corrupt.
I'm absolutely, totally and positively certain that that I'm extracting the files properly, sinse I've spent quite a while this morning using exactly the same process on about 25 Gym music sets (that's Sega Mega drive/genesis format stuff, for those not familiar with such things).

Btw, aaron, you can use Win ra to extract files from a zipped archive too. Win Ra seems to have a rather irritating habbit of assigning itself as the auto unzipping programme rather than the standard windows extraction wizard, even when you tell it not to. Nevertheless, it's stil able to get the job done. Here's how to unzip stuff in Win ra, just in case your having trouble:

1: press the application key and go to extract files, Win ra will appear.
2: Ignore all of the settings business, and just press tab until you get to the folder tree (your synthesisor should say "Desk top"
3: down arrow down the list of folders, pressing right arrow to get to sub-folders, and press enter on the folder where you want the files (you might want to go and create that folder first).

I generally find using "Extract files" works best for me. Using the "Extract to (whatever folder)" command will create a fully extracted copy of whatever folder you were extracting, but annoyingly it's called the same thing as the original, and I tend to get the two mixed up (not a good ide). the "Extract here" commands will just stick the files whereever you were last, but as I like to keep the inside of my computer fairly orderly, I don't find this too helpfull.

Hope this is vaguely of use to you aaron, and I'm really sorry if you knew already.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-05-05 16:21:53

i am usming wizard mode. all i needed to do was type the path i wanted and press enter. that's what i did. i just wish win rar would not do this, but i find it usefull for rar files, so dont wana get rid of it..
can't you have the files as seperate downloads (they are small, the duelling swords exe file i have got, i just need that file that is missing.) and i will also look at this invironment, -- i think the url was www.justbasic.net or something

2006-05-05 17:22:22

if you ask me, i prefer installers. they usually create a folder themselves and in the start menu there is an icon if you choose to. this way you can access thegames pretty easy.

2006-05-05 19:53:32

If you make the installer well, then it does, but personally i don't have problems with win rar, it is the best archiver, and you can make a test if you do not believe me.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-05-06 00:51:29

I've only recently started using Win Ra, but it seems fine to me (especially sinse it's free!).

Installers are the best thing for running games, but it's handy to know how to run themand create programme groups (and desk top items if you wish), without them, sinse some games don't come with an installer.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-05-06 11:43:51

Winrar is not free.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-05-07 21:31:40

I could give my cmputer dhe sledge hammer treatment right about now. When I download the file, there is an error. However, when I extract the zipfile I have on my computer(the original), it works perfectly fine. Is there any good installers anyone knows of or should I make my own? Finally, you shouldn't have to download the environment, I made the game in a format that can be run on all computers.