2006-04-24 21:10:24

Hi,
i have a wide variety of sounds, and there are a few i'd love to put together for modding.
how do i go about doing that, what do i use to combine one wav with another.
and how easy is it to do?

best regards

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-04-25 16:42:05

rubbish as it is, sound recorder.
i think that's the only really good thing about it: it supports mixing -- and very easy as well.
so, you open a wav file, wait for the part you want to mix another file, when that part comes you stop it, (right at the part, remember!), and then you go to edit and mix with file. then you choose the file you want to mix. then you play it back. do not save it unless you get it correct. if you do something wrong and save it you will not be able to get it back the wayit was. however, if you do revert it will remove (all) changes since you last saved. if you save a file, this option will not be available unless you make another change when you open it again, but even then it will only undo the changes you made before the time you opened it when it was saved.
that's a disadvantage. sound recorder is quite powerfull and simple to use when it is mixing, though.
hope this helps

2006-04-25 16:59:37

sony sound forj
yakir

2006-04-25 18:14:53

i've tried to use sound recorder,
i couldn't use it with window eyes,
and soundforge was a little too omplecated to use.
i'll try sound recorder though, how do you play a sound?
thx

2006-04-25 19:23:30

the problem is you have window eyes. with jaws there are shortcut keys I.E. ctrl + p is play. if i think correctly though, when you start the program you're at the record button. three tabs is the play button. two tabs from the record, or one shift +tab from the play button is the stop button.

2006-04-25 22:24:31

Trouble is we can't penalise people for which screen reader they choose. It's personal preference, you just have to help as much as you can without telling them they're using the wrong screen reader for the job... especially given the costs of these things.

I use Jaws myself and am happy with it, but wouldn't give a response saying that the other person's problem is the screen reader they're using.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-04-26 06:30:48

i am not saying the screen reader is bad, it is just a kind of problem with what we are talking about, sound recorder.

2006-04-26 08:33:46

the real problem is that you can't use windows movie maker with the keyboard,
apparantely you have to drag the sound with the mouse,
barrier after barrier, grrrrrr!
there you are then microsoft, make a vip accessable sound recorder.
tongue!

2006-04-27 02:34:08

I use jaws, but this amazing program I just picked up should be great with any program. Wavepad is so good and pretty easy to use. It has much higher quality than sound recorder. There is a website, but for easier screenreader access, go to google and type in wavepad. Make sure you don't have a space.

2006-04-27 16:27:13

i hope this program will be good.
man... i love sound editors.

2006-04-27 19:55:08

The only problem with wave pad, that it is a trial version, and it is also unstable, when you would like to save a file, sometimes it crashes.
Allthough it is really easy to use, all i can say is that best of luck with it.
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-04-28 07:23:42

i really can't get the hang of it yet. when i press f5 to record something, i get in a dialog box where there is what sound card i need to use. i press enter, but i record and if i press f9 i hear nothing. same with the synthetic speech. when i type in hi, it just says h (the hx phoneme, not the letter h). like as a large part of the speech has just been sliced off smile

2006-04-28 10:07:08

Well I just would like to say that using sounf recorder is easier with WE than with JFW. I promise you. The shortcut keys are the same and you have a trackbar to see where you are in the file. Ok that's all
bb

2006-04-28 12:37:46 (edited by Lighttech Interactive 2006-04-28 12:40:59)

hello
sound forj is not at all complicated, the buty in it is that you can just use the feetures that you need, without having to delv in all the complexity  it offers for sound design
what more, you dont need to use any scripts or anything to use it , sound editing is dun like text manipulating in notepad.
if your at it's main window, you press ctrl+r to bring up the record dialog, you press once the letter r and you start recording, when you wanna stop the recording you press the escape key, then your brot back to the main window, where you can listen to what you dun with the spacebar
there you go, no scripts needed, even if your using window eyes
so gard your self from the sting of ignorants and start using sound forj
surprisingly not everything is easy in life, writing games is even more difficult
smile
regards

2006-04-29 02:54:05

Archer, the only way to really show you how it's done is via firsthand example. Do you have Skype by any chance? If so, can you email me, and I can help you start editting! I've been hoping to find someone who is as enthusiastic about sound design as myself for ages!

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2006-04-29 17:02:15

I have no trouble with wave pad. I have a friend who uses it and he helped me. The thing while saving is pretty easy, you just have to be careful with rates and such.

2006-04-29 17:15:08

Well yeah, that is true, you have to be carrefull, otherwise it'll crash, but what'll you do when you need to save the file in that particular rate, when wavepad crashes?
All i can say, that it really doesn't worth the money, if you would like to buy it, but even if you "manage" to avoid it, it stil won't worth it.
If you would like to be professional, then sound forge is the best for you.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-04-29 18:09:08

Yeh, I'll probably try it, but I'm very happy with wave pad at the moment.