2006-04-25 15:26:58

Just a quick question. I'm using Gold Wave to attempt to record a review of Light Cars, and I'd like to record it so that it's in Stereo. The thing is, when I create a new file and select Stereo, it's still not in stereo when I play it back. Is there a way to do that in Gold Wave or do I need a mixing board or something? And if it is possible to record in stereo with GW, does anyone know how to do it? I'm planning on doing some reviews for Blind Cool Tech and I'd kinda like them to be in stereo if I can swing it.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-04-25 18:17:51

gold wave?
is that a recording system?
i wouldn't mind doing some recordings, can you tell me, do they turn out as wav files or mp3.
and is it easy to learn and use with window eyes?
thx

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-04-27 18:07:20

I suppose you haven't selected the right recording source. In the Goldwave main window, press F11 and switch to the volume tab. Search for Stereo Mix or something similar. Check the checkbox next to it and use the edit box to set the recording volume. I don't know if Stereo Mix also includes microphone.

2006-04-27 18:42:12

i don't think it does, but under record in my volume control  i can select stereo mix, then in play i can unmute the microphone. i have a realtek97 sound card and it seems to include that only; my laptop doesn't have it because it has a different sound card i guess.

2006-04-28 16:11:38

i have a thing calleed record master which is like sterio mix but for sound lbaster live.
i select it, go to play and unmute the mike, it sounds as if i am talking twice (my voice comes from my headset) it's hard to explain.

2006-04-28 17:07:35

Al right, to record a review, you'll need:
First go to the volume controll, and set the stereo mix, or for sb live the what u hear checkbox, in the properties. Then choose the recording radiobutton, press ok, and check the select checkbox for stereo mix, or what u hear.
Finally, go back to the properties, and chooe the play radiobutton, press ok again, and unmute your microphone, by unchecking the mute checkbox, next to it.
Then, you will be able to record.
Do not forget to set it back to microphone, otherwise with a voice program, the others'll hear your speakers as well.
R.J.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi