2006-03-25 22:23:35

Hi everyone.
I have a problem with configuring my joy stick with Top Speed 2. When I press a programble button, the game doesn't respond and when I press an other key, then it responds. Also, when I press the button that I configured in a race, it doesn't respond. What do I do? Have you had this problem before?
Thanks.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-03-26 11:28:54

hello,
I believe the game supports only the first four buttons of the joystick, but i never tried it.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-03-26 18:41:36

Exactly!

That is the whole reason I downloaded TS2, was for the fact that it supports joysticks and gamepads.  You can only use the first 4 buttons on your joystick as well as the stick itself, or the D-pad if you're using a gamepad like I am.

It's been a long time since I've configured it, or even played it.  I think you go into where it lets you configure everything, and it should walk you through it.  I set mine up for button 2 being the throttle, and button 1 being the brake, and the left and right directions for steering obviously.  I put the up and down arrows for shifting in manual transmission but I never use that.  I have button 3 for the horn and button 4 I think is set for all the announcement stuff.  Again, something I hardly ever use.

Since my gamepad is almost exactly like a PS2 controller, that set up works great since it's as close to the way controls are on a mainstream racing game as I can get them.  I do hope thateventually they add support for more buttons though.

Now I need to figure out how to get into a multiplayer race online!
HTH
Brian

2006-03-27 07:46:25

basically, the tab key is used for quick information because basically what it does is refresh every x seconds and announce it. if you want it to do quicker, just press the announcement button.

2006-03-27 09:36:40

It's theoretically possible to use the software included with many joysticks and pads to set the buttons such that they send a keyboard keypress rather than standard butto n press, unfortunately the software often isn't accessible. If it were you'd have to tell it which profile to load before running the game, this might be doable with some software if you first get sighted help to set up the profile.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-04-14 20:51:02

HI.
Does anyone know when a patch for this problem will come out?
Thanks.
Game Man

Game Man