2006-04-09 22:42:37

There are a couple of these topics up elsewhere.
Sryth has its own board as well but for some reason I can't register there - have already tried three times. So I need to ask a question and hope like heck someone'll answer.

What's the deal with the gems in Stonesong, that second giants adventure? I've tried going in a clockwise circle, dropping a gem in each place (well, tried using them in the impressions in the floor in the order given) and nothing works. I've tried using them at the crack, and I've looked on the Sryth boards and others seem to get it. I use Jaws, and they say it's less obvious for us who use Jaws.
So uh...help? *smiles*
Send to my email if you don't wanna spoil in open forums.
[email protected]

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2006-04-09 23:46:15

Wish I could help you with that. Of course I'm having problems with thise stupid golem things. I've managed to kill one of them and get the emerald, but not the one guarding the Sapphire. I also have no clue what you're supposed to do. And since I can't go back and grab more Blessings I'm probably screwed. My Destruction is at level 40, and all my combat skills (Weaponry, Weaponry: Slashing and Unarmed Combat) are all at fifty. With the Wither Blade my MR is at 63. Guess I'm screwed...

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-04-10 00:29:01

My MR is 74 and the Golems require a 5. You're going to have to pray, I'm afraid. They're not terribly easy. If you have elixirs and leaves to help you with random fights you should be okay. Be very careful to get the golems in the right order though, sapphire is next but for GOD'S SAKE DON'T attack out of order!

2006-04-10 04:51:10

Well, my prayers must have been answered. I managed to slay all four golems without using a single blessing. Of course it required tons of level 40 destruction, and of course saving after every victory. But unfortunately I've no idea what's to be done now, since even after acquiring all the gems and verse fragments, Irvor is no help. I too tried placing the gems in the impressions without result.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-04-10 06:43:26

Update. I figured out what the gems are for. In your explorations you may have come across the large block of stone that reads: "Employ thy ears and recognize the ring." You need to examine the block four times and, each time you do, use one of the gems. I forget the order and perhaps it's random. Whenever you get a bright glow and then lose that gem, you've made a right choice. Wrong choices just elicit a faint glow. When all four gems are gone, defeat the enemy that appears and grab the item it was carrying. Then return to the entrance. In the room with the stairs and the four passages, use the rough-hewn stone ring in the impressions in the following order, North, East, South and West. Each time you'll get an EXP reward and something happens. The rest I'll leave up to you...

2006-04-10 17:15:39

what is this?
i have played sryth. is this new adventure? is it only for adventurer's guild?

2006-04-10 17:39:43

yes Aaron, this is a very cool new adventure for Adventurer's guild members ---- another reason why I'd say the subscription is well worth it. The Gm has stated that all new stuff will only be made available to Sryth ag members.

Reguarding the gems, it was actually me who said it's less obvious using screen readers (i don't use jaws), the principle reason is it's to do with a spelling clue.

"Use thine ears to discern the ring" is what's written on the large stone block, and the operative word here is ears!

so first put the emerald on the stone, then the amber shard, then the ruby, then the saphire.

Btw, I don't think there's a set order to place the ring in the impressions, when I went through with Ekitrina (my charactor), I did them east, north, south, west, and it stil worked fine. As a guess you just have to make certain you get all four of them.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-04-11 06:37:20

I wondered what that was all about, the block thing. But thank you guys for all your help.

I really hope the GM makes some stuff available for non-AG players as well, because the game is finite for them and much larger for the rest of us. Cheap though the subscription is, it's a very quick way to say good-bye to a lot of otherwise-loyal followers to make them both weaker and less privileged.

2006-04-11 11:55:13

I can see the what you mean, but on the other hand, the Gm is now working on Sryth as a full time career, not just something he does in his spare time. Obviously this means that he pumps out the new features faster, the going rate's about 1-2 a week, but as he's putting so much work into the game, it seems a shame not to give back.

I also think the subscription price is so low that it doesn't exactly matter very much ----- twenty dollars (that was twelve pounds for me), isn't going to break the bank ---- even for a starving student like myself.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-04-11 15:24:10

I agree 100%. Hel, I spent $24 last night on pizza alone, so $20 a year isn't bad at all.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2006-04-11 15:25:14

BTW, what order do you have to fight those golems in? I keep getting trounced. Yikes.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2006-04-11 16:21:20

If you read the verse you'll know.

2006-04-11 17:09:27

so, it's 20 dollars a year now? i thought there were different prices for different stretches.

well, i think i'll subscribe anyway, i'm so tired of signing on with my old chars and find the same stupid message,
only 100 free users can log on at the same time.
it's always the same.
best reg.
archer.

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-04-11 23:28:28

There are three different packages, but seeing as how the maximum package is only twenty dollars, it makes sense to buy that one. Besides, if you buy the year package you don't have to renew it for a whole year! Of course I plan on renewing mine sometime over the summer.

2006-04-11 23:45:38

I didn't know that there was a limit on the number of free players aloud on the server ---- methinks this is not so good, sinse it'll put new people off playing sryth if their forced to pay just to basically enjoy the game. I'm all in favor of contributing to the Gm for his efforts new content wise, but I don't think it's fare to make people pay just to play the basic game without any hastle.

come and join us on the Sryth Forum when you've got your subscription Archer.

If I remember rightly, the prices are 7 dollars for three months, twelve dollars for six, or twenty dollars for a year.

Reguarding the golems Sterloc, Ekitrina actually defeated the blue "Sea" golem before the red "fire" golem, that didn't seem to matter too much, but do! not! attempt to take on the yellow "earth" golem until the end.

I could be wrong on this, but I believe the forest golem is in the north west corner (near the rectangular crack), the fire golem is in the south west (near the stone block), the sea golem is south east, and the earth golem is north east. Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong on this point.