2006-04-08 05:49:33

hi,

A long time ago, TDL Games developed a game called Temple of steal.
When it was still  available, I downloaded the 1.0 version. It is huge, about 6 mb, and I'm on a dial-up connection all the time.
I hurd that there was a 1.1 patch released, but didn't have the chance to get the patch much to my sorrow.

Does any of you have this patch?
Richard, would it be possible to post temple of steal in the play center? I can supply 1.0 and someone can supply the patch.

thanks!
tomi

Regards:

tomi

2006-04-08 10:06:55

temple of steel?
i have read the description, and tried to download it, but there's no link, i'd love to have that game, with or without the patch,can you upload it?
thx

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-04-08 11:20:46

As with self-destruct, I've never played this game at all, and a chance to play it would be very welcome ---- patch or no patch.

An uplode would be great.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-04-08 14:22:18

What can you do in the game, by the way?

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-04-08 22:29:58

hi,

well, *gulp*... Ok, I can upload it.. Maybe dropload...

There is only 1 level, where you need to sharpen your sword, knock on houses, and go into the church.

I'll post a link to it as soon it is avaiable for download.

tomi

Regards:

tomi

2006-04-09 21:36:21

oh, sounds like I will be dropping programming, piano playing and math studdying and start nocking on dores and sharpening my sord!, smirk
yakir

2006-04-09 22:02:32

Lol, Yakir, that would be fun, after a bit of gma tank commander, mission six, lol
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-04-09 22:33:41

Robjoy, I think you'd have to get a very! sharp sword before it'd be much use against a Kj series tank.

Maybe if the level's good, somebody with the neccessary arcane power and knolidge of programming could do some work with it? ---- assuming of course that source code is available and so on from the description Temple of steel sounds like an effort in the direction of an audio rpg (much appoligies to everyone for going on about my chosen theme).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-04-10 09:23:35

from what i've read and heard, it sounds kinda like a little chillingham.
only with a sword.
i'm still looking forward to playing it thouh, and possibly modding it.

2006-04-10 17:11:47 (edited by dark empathy 2006-04-10 17:29:41)

I've not played Chillingham, the reports sound good but you seem to need to get the Cd shipped to you rather than just downloading it.

I wasn't certain weather they'd ship to the Uk ---- though if you've got it Archer, they obviously do. Any info about bavisoft and their games would be handy (sorry for going off topic there).

2006-04-10 21:11:22

Well I didn't think Temple of Steel was that good. Yes it was something different but its another grid game. The kind where you have to pay attention to coordinates and all that. And it was buggy and kind of disapointing to me. Definetly not like chillingham at all.
There is my two cents.
bb

2006-04-10 22:19:59

ah, i see, so it is kinda like tdl maze game is it?
awh well,
but yeah de, chillingham is quie a good game, and despite the lng wait that you must undergo, it's all worth it in the end.
best reg

2006-04-11 00:12:17

Yep, I've made my order, now I've just got the wait ---- I think Kelly sepurgia should be sued, every single game he's reviewed I've ended up buying! ;D.

Has Temple been uploaded then? if so where do I get it? it might help me relieve the anticipation of the two bavisoft games arriving in a couple of weeks.