2011-02-11 23:05:56

Hello,\
Sometimes when i am just doing normal things on my computer (such as browsing an ms word document), jasws will all of a sudden stop working. It brings up an aplication file for jaws, and the typical send/don't send message that you see when another windows program has incountered a problem. At that point what i have to do is simply restart jaws. However, sometimes it will stop working all together, and at that point, i have to restart my system.
ANy suggestions? This seems to be happening anywhare i go. I'm using jaws 10.0

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2011-02-11 23:15:38

That's happened to me before, though it hasn't for quite a while. (Though, that I'm running the demo might have something to do with it).

Especially in Microsoft word. Sometimes, particularly if I'm trying to read a word document and scroll before Jaws has finished the line it's on, it'll crash (this happens with versions as old as 3.7). I don't use word on the computer I spend most of my time on right now, so maybe that's why it hasn't happened to me so much. (It happens elsewhere, true, but Word's the one I remember specific details of).

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-02-12 01:54:11

It actually happenes to me quite offen, ---wich is very strange.
I'm running the registered version. ANd i'm afraid to uninstall it incase i looze my license information

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2011-02-12 07:53:02

Hello,

Try repairing JAWS by opening up your JAWS installation package. If this method does not solve your problem, then I recommend that you to contact Freedom Scientific for resolving your issue.

Please note that your current license maybe upgradeable. To check status of your license, in JAWS window, open help > about JAWS, and it will automatically read something related to your JAWS version, as well as your remaining upgrade rights.

Regards,
SplendidFault

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2011-02-21 04:20:59

Thanks for the information. I am also experiencing the same problem few days ago.

2011-02-21 18:37:39

Hi,
I am repeatedly having a similar problem where JAWS does not unload correctly; the aplication coses but the eloquence synthesiser keeps talking. It stops eventually but by then I cannot restart it without restarting my computer. On top of this, while one fix is to close down the process from within task manager, you need an alternate screen reader, and sense I only have Narrator I've tried to use it. But often times narrator will start but it will not read the screen.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-02-21 19:20:47

Microsoft Narrator is hardly more than useless, and extremely frustrating if you're used to the likes of jaws.

I've had strange glitches of a similar sort. I've also had some where Jaws will freeze, and I'll try to open it again, and somehow I'll wind up with two running at once, and it usually takes a long time for them to get in sync.

I'm not sure how it works on your version of windows, but if you can get into the task manager without a screenreader (ctrl + alt + delete... if the login window comes up, it's then just alt+t), it's relatively easy to kill jaws by just typing jfw after you've given it time enough to load.
I've got a shortcut on my desktop to jaws that's easy to find after that. Another possibility is to just set up a shortcut key or something.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-02-22 01:45:13

Hi,
Hmmm...I've always liked that look of windows better (the one with combo box that pops up when you shut down the computer). How do you configure it to look like that?

Best Regards,
Hayden