2011-02-10 04:10:42 (edited by morecoffee50 2011-02-10 04:18:58)

I am seriously considering putting my LotGD game back up on the net.  i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for free webhosting or an inexpensive site that is accessable for the blind.  I loved having my own site, and really miss it.

There is way too much blood in my caffine system!  I require coffee in great amounts for total thought processes.

2011-02-10 10:50:44

There used to be a hosting service with special wrates for vi users run from the whitestick.co.uk site, but it seems to have unfortunately vanished.

if you don't mind me asking though, in what ways had you modified your logd varient specifically?

It's just that there seems to be many out there, some, like dragons of myth hugely customized with inumerable unique code (dragons of myth has a full crafting system), while at least a couple of others, ---- like improbable island, are now actually completely different games in their own right (actually improbable island is rather fun and quite humouers and really now doesn't resemble logd too much at all).

I'm not saying you shouldn't make your own logd version, I'm just wondering precisely how you modified it to be different from some of the others out there.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-02-10 14:41:14

Well, for one, I have a dedicated coder, and we have custom modules that make our gameplay a bit more interesting.  I left off a lot of the moving graphics to make it easy to use with JAWS, NVDA, and other screenreaders.  We had areas for  adults that were not acessable to our younger players.  I think, over all, our players are what made my site unique.  i did not have an overly large community, but, a close one.  Sometimes, a game can be bogged down because of the PVP or even the types of RP that go on.  i created a village just for battle, making the main village a no fight zone.  Glennmoira had its own story and history that the game players could expand upon or add to.  my staff worked very closely together to make sure that issues were dealt with in a timely manner.  while I was up, people who came in to play seemed to enjoy their time with us.  So, in summary, I would have to say it is the environment that made us different, along with a few custom modules built just for us.  Most can boast of modules, and they do, I guess you would have had to be there.  *smile*

There is way too much blood in my caffine system!  I require coffee in great amounts for total thought processes.

2011-02-11 08:13:36

Hi.

That makes sense regarding players as if your an rp fan it'd be the player base which is special. I suppose it's just that personally I could never stick long with logd myself.

there was a point I played the main logd server every 18 months or so just to see what was new, but after a short tme, --- usually about 3 dragon kills, I'd have basically tried all the interesting in game stuff to do, and find myself no longer desiring to play, but then again I never really spent much time on the rp, so I was reliant on game modules to take things further for me and provide me with new things to explore in the game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-02-14 03:58:47

Try hostgator big_smile This one work good for me

2011-02-19 11:20:20

That, i will definetly do!  I'm extremely disappointed with the site i'm currently "trying" to work with.  the support is forum based, and there doesn't appear to be many visually impaired persons attempting to create sites where I am, so, nobody has any answers for me.  That, coupled with the fact that I am needing to rely on a sighted person to do things that I know how to do, but, are not made accessable, makes for extremely frustrating experience.  Thanks for the suggestions.

2011-02-21 18:40:54

Hi Dark,
On that note, I seem to having a problem with the quests you can get from Cedric in Deep Iron. It seems that they are either a red herring or something else I'm just totally missing, because no matter how much I've fought in the areas he indicates I haven't been able to find this or that monster, or this or that scimitar, etc etc.

Best Regards,
Hayden