2006-03-22 00:45:50

hello all!

we're posting this message to let ya all know that light cars is finally released! it's at our light games page - dont miss out on this one!
best of crashes
yakir arbib

2006-03-22 03:14:11

hi. love the game. no music in arcade mode though?
regards, Will

2006-03-22 12:32:02

Hello, there must be an advantage over tetris mode.

Best regards,
RJ.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-03-22 14:39:49

fun litle game, I especially like the way your car bounces off the walls if you fall down the drain, buhahaha!
Also, very much in the style of 1986 arcade games. I love the way the cars increase in speed very quickly, that's very much in the style of Tetris.

The only very minor complaint i have, is reguarding the bonus game, some of the birds twitter and stop rather than continuous tweeting, and if they stop in the middle of the hearing field, it can be a pain to shoot them. I can understand that you didn't want the bonus game to have an auditory target sinse that would've been too easy, but maybe you could considder giving the birds a flapping wings sound or something in a future version, just so they're continuously audible.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-03-22 15:53:17

Dark enpathy, you are right, but we would like to make unique games, and as far as i know, it is quite unique, i mean that style, when the bird's sound stops inthemiddle of the stereo field.
You have to know how fast that special bird can fly, and with a good timing it is possible to complete the level without any missed birds!
But, if we receive more trouble with the bonus level's that part, i am sure, we'll do something about it.
Best regards,
Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-03-22 18:03:20

like the game but can only go up to level 6 lol. this is annoying, when the cars go extremely fast, and the same type of car comes in the track that you are in, there's nearly no chance for you.

2006-03-22 19:13:18

yes arjen, you sed well. there is almost no chance for "you..." to avoid them cars after level 6, but hmm... well with some more practis and skill you'd get to level 31 as robbert did, or maby even farder!
lol

2006-03-22 20:15:26

Hey Yakka, did you get my Email? I sent it a few days ago when I got yours. I'm just wondering since I haven't heard back from you. Then again you're probably busy with other games. What did you think of my ideas? Write me privately if you want and we can talk more about it if you want.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-03-23 08:26:52

hehe... well i got to level 14, on tetriss mode and once managed to go to level 10 or 11 with arcade mode. and i reached bonus level. my highest was 10200 or something points, because i fell into a hole... no bonus level at all for that game. a skid just came and i skidded right into the hole lol.

2006-03-23 16:42:34

arjen : smiles, I'm glad your having some fun with our little cars there

bryan: nope man, didn't get any mail from you - can you send the mail again?
or add me to msn:
[email protected]
I look forward to hear from you,
regards
yakir

2006-03-23 21:31:02

All right Yakka, I sent you another message. Hope you get it and that it's not too confusing for you.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-03-24 06:17:50

Are you sure you got that Email address right? I sent you a message but I got a failure notice.

2006-03-24 10:40:21

Strange as this sounds, I don't know how to access Arcade mode. I get Tetris mode, but no arcade. Anyone help? *smiles*

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2006-03-24 12:20:41

Okay Jayde, on the main menue, where you have the choice of newgame, load game, test speakers etc, pressing M or F5 will switch betwene arcade and tetris mode, have fun dodging those holes of doom! (are there any Gelatinous blobs down there? ---- on Shades, those things terrify me!).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-03-24 16:56:05

lol jade!

2006-03-24 22:41:23

I must not have read the documentation. Thanks though.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2006-03-24 23:31:34

No problem Jayde, glad i could help.

2006-03-25 20:42:11

Well, the Lighttech site seems to be down. Here I was going to check out Light Cars.

2006-03-30 18:52:45

Well, yesterday I did a review of Light Cars. Admittedly the qualiy is rather poor since it's just a .wav file and for some reason Gold Wave won't let me convert it to anything better. I went and tried to download Sound Forge, but apparently it doesn't work with the old Win98 system. I don't know about Second Edition because I'm not in a poisition to test that at the moment, but I was really excited to do my first audio review, only to have this come up. D'oh!

2006-03-31 13:15:33

hello brian

well anyway why dont you send it in so we can hear it...
regards
yakir

2006-03-31 13:36:27

I get the occasional runtime error while playing the game. Nothing spectacular, I just restart the game and everything is fine.

And boy does this thing have an addiction factor, especially from level 10 upwards in arcade mode. This is a stress test!!

Greetings,
EternalGamer

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2006-03-31 14:22:38

Well, the game is i think quite good, because it'll never ends!
And yeah, we can call it as a stres test, which level can you finish the game on, how many cars can you avoid before crash, etc.

Best regards,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-03-31 19:28:47

I've made it up to level 33 or so in Tetris mode but only as far as level 13 or so in the Arcade mode. That bonus game gets me every time though. I think I've only managed to ever hit one bird.
  As for the review, which address should I use to send it in? As I said the quality is rather poor and my audio editor isn't the best and neither is the microphone I used. You've all been warned.

2006-03-31 22:12:55

Well Bryan, you can send it to [email protected]

Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-04-01 07:00:42 (edited by arjan 2006-04-01 08:22:08)

so do i, i only manage to hit up to three-four birds. first time, i actually only hit 2 birds. i think my highest in tetris mode is level 16, I'm not very good at this, but it's fun though. nice little game, it's endless levels, wow. one of the few audiogames which have that, super deekout does and now this one does also. nice. those skids can be very annoying. luckily i had a few of these brakes to use the last time i played it. lasers are useful, too. don't have much trouble with the hazards, unless i skid into them which happened once as i said in another post.
well the birds must probably be in the extreme center, but i hit them right in the center and no bird killed sound. wonder how you are going to do it.
you can't try to get the bird's speed either, because they move faster and faster.