I don't believe anyone said anything of the kind. All I said was I don't have personal experience of DecTalk because I don't like the voices for daily use. I also find the singing amusing, but am not that interested in sound editing so don't make them myself.

Please don't make an argument where there isn't one.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

Thumbs up

Does anybody know, where can I download dectalk demo?

Thumbs up

Well, I have the Dectalk demo from that Jaybird site and, as far as I can tell it can't sing. I used  an example in this earlier thread in an attempt to get it to sing and it didn't. Either that or the demo just can't sing.

Focus your powers and prepare for buttle.

Thumbs up

did you put phonemes on via [:phone on]? cause if you don't, you will have a stupid amount of numbers and text instead of singing.

Thumbs up

Tell me, where in the program would I have to go in order to check this? I load the program and it goes through its little spiel, then it tells me I can type a personal message and have it speak it. Nowhere does it say anything about a phonemic spelling function except in the command.txt document, and it doesn't say where exactly that is. Any help would be appreciated.

Thumbs up

31 (edited by zapmaster 2006-03-26 13:17:37)

you gotta type
[:phone on]
at he beginning of the file, and thats it
good luck!

Thumbs up

Well, I tried that and still nothing. It still only read the symbols and stuff when I tried to make it sing. I'm beginning to suspect the software Dectalk can't sing.

Thumbs up

can you post the things you type in dectalk here? maybe you're doing something wrong. it can sing, i am sure. but, something. are you using the demo program? or are you using the software for jaws or something?

Thumbs up

Like I said earlier I'm using the demo. I tried to make it sing I am a singing dectalk. I typed:
[Ay<500,15>}
[am<500,15>]
[a<500,20>]
[sing<500,15>][ing<500,15>]
[Dec<500,20>][talk<500,15>]. All it did was read the symbols, and no I didn't have them on separate lines the way I have them here. And that was after I'd typed [:phone on] like someone earlier told me to do. So I'm pretty much at a loss.

Thumbs up

Just a little update. I did manage to get it to sing the I part, but afterward all I got was the message "command error in phoneme. Guess this'll take a bit more figuring out. Any suggestions? I'd appreciate it.

Thumbs up

well, it semms like you didn't read the simbols. you cant type I N G like that, you have to type N X for N G. and not just the A, you have to type A H if you want it to be a closed ah, if you want an open a you would type A A . for the am a singing dectalk, you have to put the A H one. good luck

Thumbs up

Well, I've been able to produce basic singing. I had a little help from some of the texts on the Jaybird site. I now understand why Patrick Perdue and others have said it gets annoying. Trying to remember all those phonemes gets pretty tough. Think I ought to start with something basic.

Thumbs up

Hi guys,
I no where you can get dectalk! go to
http://www.pdaudio.net
and click on the dectalk page! Hope that helps!

Thumbs up