2010-11-11 12:44:23

hi,
I hope you do not banne me on the forum, but some time I am lookeing on the google translater, because I dont kno some words or centences in english. I am 50% lookking, 50% dont looking.
Thanks.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2010-11-11 12:57:31

mmmm, why would you be banned for using google translator? ---- sounds like a good idea to me.

the reason we prefer people to write in English is simply that everyone on the forum, whether their from the Uk, us, Germany, Russia, Japan, China, Holland, Denmark, Hungary, Iran, Brazil, Egypt, and goodness knows all the other places we have members from, can understand it, and thus it makes the discussion open to everyone, where as if you only wrote in Tirkish, only other tirkish members would probably understand it, which wouldn't really help you get good answers to your questions or be able to join in with discussion.

Using google translator sounds like a good idea to me.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-11-11 19:41:19

Are there really members from all of those countries? Wow!

2010-11-11 19:58:21

Yep, pluss Cyprus, Griece, france, Sweedan and I believe Itally.

Actually I may have missed some somewhere ;d.

I will say not all of them post a lot all at once, for instance we haven't heard of Death from Egypt for a while (is it me or does that sound like a James bond film?), but these are places I've taken note of in the past.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-11-12 11:52:06

Yes, Dark, you have forgotten at least one location: The Czech Republic.
Lol, just teasing.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2010-11-12 14:20:29

Well Lucas, perhaps if members from the Czech republic would fill in their location info i would find remembering easier (wags finger!), ;D.

Seriously, I actually like the fact that the forum is so international. there are so many places online which are basically 70 percent Usa, perhaps twenty percent British, and about ten percent from the rest of the world, ---- which is deffinately not good, even if it is perhaps partly due to the common language, ---- though I do sometimes get a litle tired of people asking me which part of america I'm from, ---- fortunately this hasn't happened anywhere accessible games related.

2010-11-13 10:37:07

we have 2 members from turkey that İ know of
İ hope my english isn't to bad
İ've stayed in the usa for some time

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2010-11-13 12:10:33

It seems fine to me.

2010-11-13 22:54:19

Oh, that is actually a point, Dark. Al right, haven't got to it yet but I will fill in some of the possible information into my profile soon. :-)
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2010-11-14 08:18:21

hei, what about mexico, argentina, spain... lol! yes we are a lot of international people, fine!

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D

2010-11-14 21:56:15

Good point game creator, ---- though who do we have from Spain?

Eitherway, the above list wasn't intended to be exhaustive, just the ones that immediately came to my mind.

2010-11-17 10:37:19

Hi.

It's really awesome that this forum have menbers from most countries around the world.
Burak: It's okay for me to use Google Translate to explain yourself and to make your english better. Speaking of being better to english, sometimes my english really sucks and I find myself just sitting there, trying to remember what the heck it's called in english. Lol. Sometimes I can't find the right words to explain what I mean, and sometimes I have trouble with the english grammatical things. Well, I've made this conclusion that it doesn't matter if people understand what I mean without any issues. Smiles.
my english has been much better the last two years, but it could have been much better. Smiles.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2010-11-17 12:12:09

Heck, sometimes my! english isn't fantastic, and being from England I shouldn't have an excuse ;D.

Actually the ability of a lot of people from places around the world to converse in English always amazes me.

2010-11-17 15:56:29

Dark wrote:

Using google translator sounds like a good idea to me.

I totally agree with Dark. Whether we use a translating machine or not, at least understandability is quite fine.

Esthetic concerns? Why not! But we sometimes see that a foreigner can speak clearer (and sometimes more esthetic) than a native. This always remains interesting for me.

Ciao.

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2010-11-19 04:01:56

Hi I'm Joey from US. I haven't played audiogames yet but I'll try my best to practice. I'm a gameaddict and I love playing all kinds of games I can encounter. Where can  find a sample of the  gameplay here?

2010-11-28 18:09:50

Well, first of all, to add to the list of countries:
Norway, rushan, poland, canada, Iran, and surely there are some more.

If you ask me for tips on audio games, depends on what you are looking for. We can't give you as much as for the sighted possibility but I think that about 350 games is enough for me and I haven't tried a bunch of 20 at least. And there are more games right now at the moment that are being developed. The most popular ones are: (From my opinions)
Entombed, Sound RTS, Battlezone, Topspeed2, and there is a newly developed "3d-vilocity", which sounds quite good. In the RPG's top is Entombed, but if you want to train your ears take a look at: Shades of Doom and the other in the serie of 3d games. Look also on topspeed2 and Battlezone. Battlezone is a 2d game that is being developed by Key is Full on this forum, and Topspeed2 can be find at:

This is just my opinions, and those are just some examples, and there is loads of other great games.

//Andreas
www.playinginthedark.net

Audiogames has entered a new era. With blockbusters such as bk2, swamp, perilous hearts and the soon-to-come road to rage, audiogames takes a new shape. High quality sounds, multiplayer and very sufficiant AI is audiogames next step towards attention. The world is about to change so cheer with me, hurray!

2010-11-28 18:12:42

top speed 3 is a verry big lie I think.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2010-11-29 10:43:13

I actually wasn't sure about whether that was a bot, sinse it could've got audiogames from the site name, but I left the post just in case.

Btw Love computer, I actually did remember Russia and Iran originally, ---- though I freely admit I missed poland and norway.

2011-01-03 08:43:42

hi,
i was just wondering, am I the only one from india?
perhaps it seems so.
in india, hindi is the native language, and obviously, i am a native indian.
but still, my english , grammer and spelling isn't too bad. is it?
the reason for this is that in india, english is taken as a subject in primary and secondary education.
so, most of the indians have correct knowledge of english.
well, i think there may be some other people from asian countries on this forum?
regards,
sid.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2011-01-03 12:20:40

and don't forgot romania.. i am right from transilvania i am right near the dracula castle... i visited it many times... you probably heard of bram stoker's book.
he he he..

i remember seeing on this forum some peoples from japan and china..

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2011-01-03 16:49:34

That's another two countries to add to the list, as I said, it's nice to have such an international forum.

2011-01-03 22:25:38

And don't forget South Africa, though I think I'm the only one from there so far, and new to this forum. Here we have 11 official languages and a grate variety off ephnick groups that live here, so most people can only communicate with one another in English.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2011-01-05 02:09:53

There are I believe a couple of south africans on theaudeasy list, but obviously your our first memmber.

2011-01-20 13:25:24

hello friends,
I'm Fatih. I'm 11 years old. I'm live in turkey.
regards,
Fatih Yüksek

2011-01-20 17:24:24

Hello and welcome. Technically you should really have said this in the introductions thread (this just ended up turning into a discussion about where people are from), but never mind.

Hope you have fun on the forum.