2006-03-27 16:53:11

this question has been asked a lot of times.
where can we (or i) download self desxtruct? well, jason said on skype there's no promenant home for it -- but someone could host it.
and, unfortunately for some, mike has the game, and perhaps... with a little luck, he couldhost it with no problems. i mean, he could host ace fire (21 megs!), and sd is 30 or something like that.
it's just that, i'd like to make a mod of it. no info given here.
but, someone else could host it apart from mike, if they wanted, i mean there's ace (i dont know if he has it), but... man... i so badly want the game. reminds me of th v 3. i never told you! i have it! ui actually have th v3 thanks to clement -- i could send it to munawar and he could host it for us.... yaaa!

2006-03-28 08:04:26 (edited by arjan 2006-03-28 08:05:16)

you want the game? so do i... the problem is, if you wanna mod sd, i guess you'll have to change the sapi output thingies or something, and i don't know if there's going to be a source code along with it. and the jaws speech stuff too.

2006-03-28 08:26:40

well, i don't know if that's much of a problem,
i've probably modded each serious game i could, including self destruct.
there's not much you can do with it, but you can make a good game of it.
mine was called temple of gold.sort of a monty junior where you went round shooting imps that guarded the treasure.
you could also go into the cave of gold, where you could get yourself bonus treasure and special aids in the game.
i passed the teleporter of as a warp and the proccessor as a magic totem pole that revealed the warps secrets.
but it'd be goot to have a new mod to play on.
unfortunately, i deleted my self destruct, thinking i could easily get a new copy.i'm sorry i did now, but i could regain it from the mercky depths of my recycle bin
best regards to all.

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-03-28 11:42:41

ok i think it's time to give information on mine.
like assins mod, my one is a temple one.
the temple of sirion.
i will find monster sounds and replace them with an erchen,
and right at the end there will be 2 cut seens, for the beginning of the boss and end.
the fight between lord sirion and the character.
first cut seen:
first of all, footsteps.
Character: "woo, that was close! i could have died! finally, i can get out of here!---" (monster roaring)
Character: "aaaaaa!"
Sirion: "so. you made it here alive."
character: "yes, sirion. you killed my only member of my only team -- and now i will kill you!"
Sirion: (angry) "you! you... retch! if you dare touch me, you are dead! you hear me, dead! in no one can destroy me!"
Character: "oh yeh? well, we'll see about that. you are all mine, sirion!"
then the fight begins.
no detailes about the ending here, though.
just a little taster of the "endgame".

2006-03-28 11:48:12

I'd just be interested to play the game as it sounded vaguely interesting, so if anyone knows where to get it that'd be great.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-03-28 20:09:30

Hmm, we may can put it up on our site for a short period of time, since i have it, but don't expect a really good game, and not, i am not against jason, actually i know him, and he knows me, but still...
Best regards,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-03-28 23:22:47

Just to try the thing out for a bit would be nice, I'm sure the chap who created the game wouldn't mind, sinse there's nowhere else to get it anymore, and sinse it's abandonware, there's presumabley no problems reguarding coppywrite and sticking it up on your website.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-03-29 07:06:13

i thought shaned.net had those games, it had giftanum once, so does it say on pcsgames links ot accessible games, that there is self destruct up there too, but i don't find anything.

2006-03-29 16:37:25

i really... want... self...destruct!

2006-03-31 03:45:20

Hi,
I really don't care what you do with it. Only one or two other people have the source code besides me. I must warn you though, it is a perfect example of how *NOT!* to write a game. It was buggy, had long lines of code that could have been much shorter/simpler, etc. I'm not proud of it.

2006-03-31 05:09:58

I have parts of the original source but no sounds and not enough to compile a working exe.  I don't think I still have the original; jason, why don't you put it on j-zone if you still have it? (possibly with other xl games w/source)

James