2010-12-31 16:21:45

I'm trying to find a way to record the sound from my computer and my voice at the same time.
I have a cable that can be inserted into two audio ports, and I have a splitter that I connect that and my headphones to; this is how I record off of the computer and can still hear what I'm doing.

I've tried using a second splitter and a microphone to have my headphones playing while the computer records from the microphone and its own output. I think this worked the first time I tried it, but either something changed or my memory is wrong, because it hasn't worked since. I've tried rearranging which splitter is used for which device, and I've tried different microphones, but neither is go. (I wouldn't be surprised if the output going to my headphones is trying to play through the microphone...!).

I'm sure this can be done... can anyone tell me how? Thanks.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2010-12-31 17:19:58

hi,
I kno this but I haven't tryed that.
Select your stereo mix and go to the sound settings and uncheck microphone silence setting.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-01-11 11:27:39

Alternatively, if you don't have a soundcard which has stereo mix, and are looking for a software solution, you can use programs like Virtual Audio Cable.
It does a fairly good job of it, and it's very versatile.

Malthe