2006-03-13 12:24:36

hi. i can't get the cheat code for the horse racing game. could someone tell me them? i've being trying for ages but i can't do it.

shaf

2006-03-14 08:17:29 (edited by arjan 2006-03-14 08:19:38)

it took me a while to get the cheats, but i managed to do it. however, no bonus level as of yet. and btw, the game can be cheat used if you try to enter them and you don't have them. however, they're not really cheats that get you points.

2006-03-15 12:59:29

Reguarding the Horse racing game, I'm slightly confused, sinse it seems that most of the elements whereby you acquire points (like how far you travel and whether you hit a cactus), appear to be just random factors totally out of the player's control.
It appeares to me that the only thing you can actually physically do to acquire points is to not run into any barriers, the rest is a matter of wait and hope.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this ---- it's entirely probable that I missed something somewhere.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-03-15 14:15:38

Well, you are not right, notice, that the opsticles are always on the same square, and just like in a live board game, you roll with a dice, and that must be random.
The other things, like obsticles, barriers, etc, are not.
However, this game tests your patience a bit, how far you can go, without anoyed. If you are interested enough, then you can get it *smile*

Best regards,
RJ.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-03-15 23:07:25

Fair enough. Perhaps in a future update of the game you could have some different obstacles that require different actions to avoid? Gates to pass through with the right and left arrows for example.

Also, there could be ways of increasing your horse's stats, so that he/she can increase his/her chances of making a good role.

it also strikes me, that the ability to have multiple human players could be fun as well.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-03-16 11:18:34

Hmm, again, dark enpathy, good ideas.
Well, i can't promise we'll do a version with multiple obsticles, because we have more complex projects, but if all light games will be released, then we may begin to enhance some of them.
The another thing, is the horse's stats. Well, it is not a horse simulator i think, and if you can increase your horse's stats, that doesnt mean that you'll be able to jump over barriers, because it is not the horse's skill. About the multi human player support, well, again a good idea, but if we do it, then the game must be multiplayer, and i dont think so that it'll worth the time to implement it to a really simple game.
But, as you noticed, i can't refuse ideas, especially if they are good, so maybe you will see an enhanced horse racing game (certainly, we'll post information, when we begin to enhance it, if it will happen).

Best regards,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-03-16 17:45:56

Well, I'll be interested to see what you can come up with.
Reguarding the horse's stats, I wasn't thinking of making it easier to jump obstacles, sinse that's totally dependent upon the human player's own timing, but it would be nice to have a bit more control over the random aspects of the game.

2006-03-16 22:24:17

yes, dark empathy, the control the player should have over randomness in the game was a topic that was brot up several times by other gamers - as robjoy sed, we may enhance the horse racing game in the future, but we have more interesting project to work on, and devote moast of our time to those, but... who kno's
best regards
yakir arbib

2006-03-20 11:21:14

Just something weerd that came up, I noticed a rather odd bug where I technically won, the game announced that I won, but I didn't get the score bonus and the game just carried on until the computer won, with my position on the track perminantly given as 100.

What's going on?

I only downloaded the game a couple of days ago, so I'd guess I have the latest debugged version ---- despite the fact that pressing the V key stil makes it tell me that it's version 1.0.

Any help would be appreciated.

2006-03-25 05:27:20

Actually, I have an interesting query.
I downloaded the game today and was playing it, but my opponent got to position 99 and then kept moving, but didn't win. Same thing happened to me. I got to 99, rolled a 10, and stuck at 99. What's up?

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2006-03-25 07:27:39 (edited by arjan 2006-03-25 07:28:30)

that's happening for me too. i think if you're at 99, you'll have to step 1 step to get to 100.

2006-03-25 15:01:11

I've seen that bug as well, I'm not sure why it happens though. Maybe next time Robjoy or Yaka is around they could give us some clarification.

2006-03-25 16:17:23

Hello,
I think this is a bug in the game, it suppose to let you win if you step just one from 99, but if you roll greater than 1, it should not play the moving sound.
Anyways, did you try to roll until you get just one?

HTH,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-03-25 21:39:05

Reminds me of games like Trouble or Frustration where you need exactly the right number to win. Yes, that did work, but I do keep moving even when I'm stuck at 99 or whatnot.
What's more, I've noticed something else interesting: I won a race this morning, got the little fanfare, then the race kept going. Both my opponent and I were stuck at 100 and the race just kept going.

Light Locator was simplistic but well done (nice elevator sound too *lol*). Light Cars is cute, definitely decent for mindless fun. The Horse-racing game has an interesting premise  and could probably be improved on, but right now seems a bit bumpy.
Keep up the good work though, guys.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2006-03-25 21:55:01

Well jayde, you are right, but keep in mind that we were not as smart as now, *lol*
Robjoy/

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-03-26 08:53:50

I've also seen the both people finishing bug ---- I think i mentioned it earlier in this topic, Next time I get to 99 i'l try and keep going until I roll a 1 ---- hopefully then I can win.

Personally, I'd say that light tec's games are just getting better and better with each release ----- Light saber attack sounds fanatastic! while the Horse racing game is probably my least favourite of your games, it's stil fun, and deserves my hard drive space (please bear in mind, that though I'll try any game that's going, I'm likely to uninstall it unless I think it's good fun).

2006-03-26 11:26:20

Of course, thats why it have an uninstaller. We can't force everybody to play with it, and leave it on his/her hdd.
And it is only for fun and enjoyment.
Best regards,
Rj.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-03-26 15:27:38

hey jade, did you get the one step cheat code?
that's why I created that cheat(exactly for that anoying situation!)
well, I dont think I'll spoile it here, but you should get the cheats if you manege to get more than 1 hundred 10000 points
regards
yakir

2006-03-26 16:46:43

OOO that cheat sounds nice! I'll just have to try again and hope none of those damn cactuses get in my horse's way.

I have absolutely no intention of uninstalling the Horse racing game, it's staying exactly where it is for when I need some light releaf but don't feel energetic enough to play something like Light Cars.