2011-01-03 10:31:24

I will get it, a taste of the big Apple!
My dad has always wanted an Imac, and when we looked at an advertisement, there was one selling a used Imac for 3000, but we failed in getting it. And now it ended up in I will get an Imac today, my mom is ejecting some money from my banc account, that I should have when I am an adult. But in some ways it works, hope she gets hand of the money.

Cheer you!
P.s: Rather tired on my pc laptop with vista os and welcome to a rather good processor.

And do you know that the newest Mac pro uses harddrives that is expensive as hel ... (not the swearword), one computer with one terrabite of the new harddrive (its not even a harddrive), costs 85 000. THe new Macbook is less than one centimeter thick. Unfortunately, I don't get such a Mac right now, but ...

Regards: Andreas
Its now over a year long ago that I registered.

Audiogames has entered a new era. With blockbusters such as bk2, swamp, perilous hearts and the soon-to-come road to rage, audiogames takes a new shape. High quality sounds, multiplayer and very sufficiant AI is audiogames next step towards attention. The world is about to change so cheer with me, hurray!

2011-01-03 11:27:03

$3,000 for an iMac? That sounded like an awful lot.

In any case I hope you get some good use out of it. It's worth checking lioncourt.com and maccessibility.net from time to time if you use a Mac or any of the iOS devices I find.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-01-03 12:29:01

Oh sorry, I accedentaly forgot to -- it's not dollars, but in dollars, around 400-500, oh heck, I didn't figure out 3000 dollars, yes that's an massive amount.

Anyway, cx2, I did listen to the podcasts Mike Arrago did about accessibility with Voice Over, and oh, accessibility from the startup and through the whole setup, and when reinstalling, amazing.
But now I remember, that Mac pro I said costs 85 000, swedish kronor, but in dollars, check out the Apple page and you'll see, they are using memory cards so that annoying knocking sound the harddrive makes when searching and working, that's gone, and everything opens before you can press the button.

I'll try those sights, cheer yeh!

Audiogames has entered a new era. With blockbusters such as bk2, swamp, perilous hearts and the soon-to-come road to rage, audiogames takes a new shape. High quality sounds, multiplayer and very sufficiant AI is audiogames next step towards attention. The world is about to change so cheer with me, hurray!

2011-01-03 18:51:02

hi,
İ got a computer 2 3 months ago
a toshiba satallite l655
windows 7 on it
anyways
i always prefer windows i guess
maybe it is so easy to use or maybe it is  so popular i don't know but any case
İ prefer windows
A frend of mine also uses linux
you see i learned to use a pc with windows and learning to use a computer from start just! scares me!
lol

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2011-01-03 18:52:25

the thing i disagree with microsoft is them planning to include there security package in sp1 of win7
no thanks!

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2011-01-04 01:48:12

I learned in DOS, then Windows 95 through to XP, and I had little trouble learning Mac OS. There is a very nice tutorial for voice over, it walks you through the commands one at a time giving you the chance to test them out in a safe environment. The touchpad functions in Mac OS are also very nice.

It is also possible to dual boot a Mac with Windows, for if you have some software which isn't available on Mac OS especially games.

SSD's are very fast but they're very expensive. Personally I'd have stuck with a hard drive which has much bigger capacities, SSD's tend to come in 64 128 or 256gb only and even then the bigger ones are horrifically expensive. Of course you could use a 64gb one for operating system and drivers with a normal hard drive for real storage, to get fast start times. I know they also wore out faster than hard drives I don't know if that is still the case.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-01-04 18:48:18

well,
anyway hard for me to switch the softwares i use

2011-01-04 19:20:41

For Christmas I  got a  laptop with Windows 7.
Alot of people who live in my area complain about how inaccessible windows 7  is, but personally Now that I'v played around with it, I  really don't find it all that different than XP
The last time I  worked with an Apple computer was when I  was in elementary school. It was connected to a  roll away cart, and it had one of those external synthesizers.
I  might even check out those sites as well just for the fun of it.

Audio game king

2011-01-05 08:40:39

I still use XP on one computer but Mac OS Snow Leopard on the other, it has come a long way from those days I imagine. Back then it was probably a third party solution rather than built in as it is now, it's now made by Apple themselves.

If you don't want to change operating system ENes that is your choice, however it really isn't anything like as hard as anyone might imagine. The interactive tutorial takes you through with a series of boxes telling you which buttons to press to do everything from move around your average dialog box on the screen to getting around a web page, and gives you all the time you need to try it out. Frankly it is nothing short of exceptional as a way to learn a new system. It is no harder to learn than a new non-computer accessible device such as a daisy player, GPS unit, or mobile phone.

cx2
-----

2011-01-07 15:43:34

cx2 wrote:

SSD's are very fast but they're very expensive. Personally I'd have stuck with a hard drive which has much bigger capacities, SSD's tend to come in 64 128 or 256gb only and even then the bigger ones are horrifically expensive. Of course you could use a 64gb one for operating system and drivers with a normal hard drive for real storage, to get fast start times. I know they also wore out faster than hard drives I don't know if that is still the case.

Only a couple of weeks ago, I purchased an SSD for my netbook; as some of you may recall, the HD that shipped with the unit decided to do some very strange things, and therefore I just decided that even though an SSD wouldn't give me as much space for files etc, it's only a netbook, after all. It was actually surprisingly easy to install, and it's nice having a netbook that is silent - no HD noise, and shutdown and boot times are amazing. My only complaint is that I can't hibernate or standby, but I guess that's currently just a drive limitation at this time.

2011-01-08 00:17:26

Strange, my Asus triple E 901 which uses SSD's goes into and out of standby without issue. It's likely to be somewhat older than the SSD you use.

You're right that with a netbook it is much more viable though. 32GB or 64GB on a netbook is perfectly fine, for a primary computer I wouldn't advise it for anyone who does much with their computer however.

cx2
-----

2011-01-09 18:16:36

For me, nothing will ever go past my new Macbook Pro. However like CX2 stated, netbooks aren't too bad. Certainly not what I would use for all my stuff, but hey, it does the jjob, and quite nicely.